We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel close to velana international airport in male?

Koronadal...
Level Contributor
914 posts
205 reviews
hotel close to velana international airport in male?

we would be arriving on an evening flight of air asia and plan to stay overnight in an affordable hotel close to velana international airport prior to asking our hotel to pick us up at the terminal the following day. air asia cancelled our booked morning flight and we had to contend with the only remaining flight of air asia from kuala lumpur to male. so we will opt to stay overnight in a hotel close by to our arrival airport.

5 replies to this topic
Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,709 posts
321 reviews
1. Re: hotel close to velana international airport in male?

HIH is the only hotel on the airport island of Hulhule, however it can be expensive:

http://m.hih.com.mv/default-en.html

The alternative is to look at the more budget hotels/ guest houses on Hulhumale, which is an extension area of the airport island.

Male city island is a separate island, close to the airport island, but you need to cross by ferry.

Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
489 posts
19 reviews
2. Re: hotel close to velana international airport in male?

Hi allan_y1965

As Lynphd says the Airport Hotel is expensive so an alternative would be to type "Hulhumale Maldives" into Google Maps. You will see that it is linked to the Airpot and although I have never had need of an overnight stay if you zoom in on Hulhumale island you will see a number of Hotels and if you click on their link you can get all sorts of contact & booking options related to each Hotel. I believe there is also a shuttle bus that links the Airport to Hulhumale or if you book with one of the Hotels they may be able to arrange a transfer for you.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
32 posts
34 reviews
3. Re: hotel close to velana international airport in male?

Try h78. I booked that for my 1 nighter before my resort stay for next year. I read the reviews and it seems quite decent for just a night.

Koronadal...
Level Contributor
914 posts
205 reviews
4. Re: hotel close to velana international airport in male?

thank you for your replies. appreciate it very much.

Koronadal...
Level Contributor
914 posts
205 reviews
5. Re: hotel close to velana international airport in male?

finally decided on h78. requested for airport transfer which they have.

Reply to: hotel close to velana international airport in male?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Male
Recent Conversations