We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is there any shopping on the malives,

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
615 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
is there any shopping on the malives,

just wanted in idea on maldives, thinking of going on honeymoon next year but me of my girlfriend have never done any diving. and we wanted a relaxing nice holiday, would think of the dom rep but put off by the bad weather. any advice on shopping and things to do in the maldives i would be very greatful

Stourbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is there any shopping on the malives,

Hi sean

There are inhabited islands that you can visit with souviners to buy but its not like shopping as you would get here,just one "street". There is no shopping on the resort islands only one shop on the smaller islands and maybe two or three on the bigger islands, so if its shopping and night life you are looking for then maybe the maldives is not for you, sunbathing, reading books, snorkelling, diving (why not learn to dive), the odd game of football or volleyball, some of the bigger islands have more to do as far as water sports and games etc but really, chilling out is what the maldives is all about

regards susie

manchester
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is there any shopping on the malives,

Hi Sean

Just a thought....have you considered Cuba for your honeymoon?? There is a little more shopping than there is in the Maldives and it generally escapes bad weather. If you choose the maldives there are usually some good excursions. We just came back from Dhonveli and there was snorkelling trips, dolphin watching, deep sea fishing, island hopping etc. But bare in mind if you are sea sick like me, you will not have the opportunity to enjoy most trips as most involve being on a boat for longer than 10 minutes. Hope this helps.

3. Re: is there any shopping on the malives,

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 06:20