We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Generally, is a short visit worth it?

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
188 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Generally, is a short visit worth it?

I am in the early stages of planning a March trip to Sri Lanka (from the USA - so we will already be doing a LOT of flying/transferring from place to place). I am toying with the idea of booking my flight from the States as an open jaw and using British Avios to fly from CMB - MLE to relax in an overwater bungalow for a few nights before flying home.

For beach trips I usually research the crap out of everything on tripadvisor and pick from the options that look the most quiet and secluded. Because we would be limited to 3 or 4 nights we would really want to minimize the transfer time from the airport which I assume would eliminate many of the more far flung destinations.

Should we save a Maldives trip for when we can really do it right or do you think it is worth tacking on a short stay somewhere?

Mentioned in this post
Sydney
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Generally, is a short visit worth it?

Mirihi has overwater options for around 1k a night

A friend from uni has been to mirihu and really enjoyed her time there

It's currently ranks number one on TripAdvisor, not sure how TA works out the ranking. Gili was number one earlier in the year but has somehow fallen to number 8 even though the recent reviews seem to be all five stars too

Mentioned in this post
Gili Lankanfushi
Gili Lankanfushi
2,005 Reviews
Lankanfushi
12. Re: Generally, is a short visit worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2017, 01:15
;