We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Male airport to Hulhumale

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Male airport to Hulhumale

Hi all, just want to know if there are taxis readily available from Male airport to Hulhumale. I have heard of the airport express taxi service but couldn't find any information or availability. My flight arrives at 6:30 AM. Any information on this is much appreciated.

Another option is the bus but walking from the bus stop to my hotel (either Vilu rest or Clear sky inn) with luggage could be tedious. As far as I know the bus only stops twice along the way but I could be wrong.

8 replies to this topic
London, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Male airport to Hulhumale

Hi Please can also advise if there are any buses from male airport to Hulhumale island

1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Male airport to Hulhumale

My flight arrives at around 9pm.Too late.

My hotel recommend hotel shuttle bus 10$++/pax So expensive we have 5 people T_T

I wonder there has taxi or public bus at that time???

Please help me.

jin.bui117@gmail.com

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Male airport to Hulhumale

There are no taxis from Male Airport. So you could ask your hotel to arrange a taxi to pick you up from the hotel which is usually $10-$15 per car or you could take the bus from the airport to Hulhumale. $10 per person is a rip off for such a short distance. Check out the bus timetable here: mtcc.com.mv/sites/…20SCHEDULE.PDF

7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Male airport to Hulhumale

Question, are there gonna be any bus from male airport to hulhumale on a friday night? thank you

Male
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Male airport to Hulhumale

If you look at the post right above yours, you'll see the link to the bus timetable.

Kat

7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Male airport to Hulhumale

Thank you Kat. I was just confused. So there is no shuttle bus on fridays. But there will be ferry bus, and this one will take us to Hulhumale ferry terminal from the airport?

Male
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from Male airport to Hulhumale

Ruffy A: where do you see that? The bus timetable shows there are buses from the airport to Hulhumale seven days a week (but a few noon-time buses don't run on Fridays).

Kat

7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from Male airport to Hulhumale

Oh okay. Now i understand. Thank you so much for the clarification.

Reply to: Taxi from Male airport to Hulhumale
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted