We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in Male, first time

California
Level Contributor
1,199 posts
31 reviews
3 days in Male, first time

Thinking about adding 3 full days in Male prior to arriving in Sri lanka.

My budget is $100 USD per day.

Not sure what island is the best for the price

Only one I found was City King hotel in Villingili island.

Would this be a good place to stay? Or is there something else?

Also, I will need to catch a flight December 23rd on Friday at 3 P.M.

Will there be local ferries for me to go to the airport?

Edited: 21 October 2016, 19:45
California
Level Contributor
1,199 posts
31 reviews
1. Re: 3 days in Male, first time

Or should I stay in hulhumale instead? There is a hotel called G10 for less than $100 per day.

Male
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
2. Re: 3 days in Male, first time

I'm wondering why you'd want to holiday in Male? It's not a tourist destination, and although I think it has its charms, you can see and do all there is to see and do in half a day. There are no beaches in Male and it's not a place for swimming or snorkelling.

Hulhumale is also a man-made island with man-made beaches and limited swimming and I think no snorkelling.

If you're looking to visit the Maldives on a strict budget, then you could consider staying in a guesthouse, but first, please ensure you're familiar with the differences between a guesthouse and a resort and the possible limitations this places on your trip. There are some lovely guesthouses in the Maldives (many built and operated by staff who worked many years in five star resorts) but you won't get the holiday brochure experience that you may be expecting. Take a look here for a start: https:/…The.Maldives.On.A.Limited.Budget.html

Best of luck with your researches.

Kat

london
Level Contributor
985 posts
122 reviews
3. Re: 3 days in Male, first time

Don't , this is horrible compared with the islands. It's a typical busy hot crowded and not terribly clean city in a developing country.Bandos Island is only a speedboat drive away...Male is suitable only for a few hours. There are also lovely resorts local islands eg Boutique Beach Resort , that I would highly recommend.

4. Re: 3 days in Male, first time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2017, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Male
Recent Conversations