We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Relocating to Apex,NC area

Wellington, Florida
12 posts
Relocating to Apex,NC area

I would love any information regarding relocating to Apex,NC. We are NY natives, have been living in South Florida for a year only to find it extremely expensive to survive. I have three young children, school age, and schools, safety, shopping and job opportunities are very important to me. Also, can you move to an area and be guaranteed your children will not have to switch schools, or is that impossible? We are able to spend up to $350,00 for 4BR/3BA house. Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

LINY
12 posts
1. Re: Relocating to Apex,NC area

Where in NY are you originally from? We are relocating to Holly Springs from LI. Just wondering if you've been to the Apex/Holly Springs region yet? Doug

Wellington, Florida
12 posts
2. Re: Relocating to Apex,NC area

We were from Levittown. What about you? What have you found there as far as housing and schools?

LINY
12 posts
3. Re: Relocating to Apex,NC area

East Meadow. You can find what you are looking for in either Apex or Holly Springs. Schools in both towns are excellent. Similar to what you'd be used to in NY. The re-zoning is an issue we will just deal with and the possibility of year round we've come to terms with although right now you still have traditional options available. You can email me directly if you want dougpt10@optonline.net

Wake Forest, nc
Level Contributor
144 posts
4. Re: Relocating to Apex,NC area

Hey, there is absolutely no way to be guaranteed your children will not have to switch schools. Wake County is constantly reassigning children to different schools for many different reasons. Please do not buy a home for a specific school or specific school district. Although an extreme example , it is not unheard of for a child to go to 3 schools in 5 years.

Good Luck !

North Carolina
4 posts
5. Re: Relocating to Apex,NC area

I too have just relocated to Apex. I am not in the town but nearer to Holly Springs. My son is now going to Middle Creek. So far not bad but they do not offer any gifted and talented until 4th so that is a problem for us. Also they, along with many Wake county schools will be going to full year calendar next year. I am sure the transition will be very confusing for all and a lot of growing pains will occur as a result. I only suggest that you do a lot of looking around before you buy. I am not positive I am totally happy with my choice. May have preferred Fuquay Varina area, but I like a more rural setting. Good Luck and feel free to contact me for more chat about the area.

6. Re: Relocating to Apex,NC area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 16:18
Get answers to your questions about Apex