We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A good winery

Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
96 posts
162 reviews
A good winery

I am going to be travelling down from Niagara Falls and taking a route past Ashtabula then straight down through central ohio. Can anyone reccommend any good wineries to visit as I love my red wine.

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,742 posts
110 reviews
1. Re: A good winery

Nav, i've heard good things about Harpersfield in Geneva. check out:

www.ohiowines.org/cgi-bin2/winery.pl?xe

Let me know if you'll have time for wine once you come to the Sandusky Vermilion area...we frequent those.

Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
96 posts
162 reviews
2. Re: A good winery

hi irishlake,

I will check out the site you mentioned and yes I will have time for wine when in sandusky and if not, I will make time. I am a red wine lover.

north coast
Level Contributor
179 posts
33 reviews
3. Re: A good winery

get off rt.90 at rt528 or rt534 there is about 35 to pick from all good.

north coast
Level Contributor
179 posts
33 reviews
4. Re: A good winery

Welllllll Navigator did you make the Ashtabula wine tour?

How was it and your favorite was?

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,742 posts
110 reviews
5. Re: A good winery

i'm not sure if he did or not... (Nav and I met up while he and his family were in the area). I'm not thinking he did though...

Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
96 posts
162 reviews
6. Re: A good winery

Hi Rootswoman,

Irishlake is correct. I did not get to any of the winery's.

We had so much to do and being the only one who drank out of the 4 of us guess who had to go without. Yes, me. Anyway, I will be back again. We had a fantastic time on our trip and met some lovely people (Irishlake and her husband).

It was worth missing the winery in the end.

All the best to everyone.

7. Re: A good winery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 05:32
Get answers to your questions about Ashtabula
Recent Conversations