We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Be careful with Towamensing Trails rentals

Mechanicsburg...
3 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
Be careful with Towamensing Trails rentals

My family rented a house in Albrightsville - Towamemsing Trails in August 2007 via poconosonline.com. I would not stay there again even if it was free. We rented a 6 BR house A MILE AND A HALF from a small private lake. The price: $3,500 for a week, PLUS $500 for two extra little kids over the limit, PLUS $75 for a 15 lb Westie. Yes, $4,075 total. I could have had a beachfront anywhere for less. The landlord provided only 8 tags. After I begged him for more, we got 4 more tags on day 3 of vacation. My sister was politely thrown off the beach while she watched her kids swim because we didn't have enough tags. The pool and beach close at 6PM. There's a private club connected to the restaurant. My brother's 5 year old son was doubled in pain because he had to go to the bathroom 5 minutes after 6, and the stuffy patrons of the private club refused to let him use the rest room, sending him to a portable toilet across the beach. This community does not like renters! One vacationer from NY was forced to put his garbage in his packed car for the long ride home because the compactor is closed on Tuesdays. I was told that if we were EVER over the 16 person limit on the premesis, including visitors, one of the landlord's roving spies would report it and we would be evicted with no refund immediately. Such a relaxing backdrop, huh? The web site says it could take up to 60 days to get the security deposit back. It took 69 days, but the landlord dated the check on the 60th day. Look elsewhere!

kau
Philadelphia
7 posts
1. Re: Be careful with Towamensing Trails rentals

I am sorry that your experience was so bad in Towamensing Trails but please do not think that is the norm. My family and I have rented in Towamensing Trails for the past 15 years. We love it there. There is a home owner who rents his properties who is known for his unfriendly tactics. I wonder if you were renting one of his homes.

Look for homes owners who do not own more than two properties. They are looking to make your stay comfortable and relaxing NOT trying to make the most money on an investment property.

The clubhouse has several rest rooms. While the bar section closes its bathrooms to children, (it is, after all, a bar!) the rest of the clubhouse is open and there are bathrooms there. The game room is open until at least 9:00 pm.

When registering your vehicle, you are given the times that the dumpsters are open and closed. You will not find another development in the area that has their dumpsters open full time.

Twoamensing Trails is a great community. Do not let this post dissuade you from renting there.

2. Re: Be careful with Towamensing Trails rentals

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Albrightsville
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.