We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to England with DUI

Allentown...
1 post
Save Topic
Traveling to England with DUI

In 2007 I had a DUI and was put into the ARD program. I will be going to England in September. Will I have any issues going to England or coming back to the United States?

Philadelphia
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
2,875 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling to England with DUI

I think I would check a question like this with the proper authorities rather than posting it on an Internet message board.

Allentown...
Level Contributor
49 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling to England with DUI

I can't post a URL on here, but if you google "UK entry requirements", you should get the information you're looking for.

I have visited the UK about ten times and have never been asked any criminal background questions.

I do know that Canada is very strict, and they share background information with the US. Unless the DUI has been removed from your record through ARD, you'd have difficulty entering Canada.

BTW, I am not an attorney, and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

hudson valley
Level Contributor
3,176 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling to England with DUI

You'll have no trouble at all if you can get there on I-78.

York, Pennsylvania...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling to England with DUI

These two sites should help you out if you have a question about that type of information.

https:/…AN_Guide_May_2015.pdf (Go to Page 9)

wikitravel.org/en/Traveling_with_a_criminal_… (Go to "UK" Section)

Hope this helps!

Edited: 26 June 2015, 19:49
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,366 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling to England with DUI

You certainly won't have any trouble coming back.

6. Re: Traveling to England with DUI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2018, 08:19