We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Restaurants without TripAdvisor Listings

Allentown...
Level Contributor
49 posts
362 reviews
Save Topic
New Restaurants without TripAdvisor Listings

The Wok Box just opened on Hamilton Street, and Sugar Hill Jazz House opened around the corner on South Ninth Street. Neither one is listed on TripAdvisor yet.

It used to be that you could search for a restaurant that wasn't listed yet. It would return negative results and ask you if you wanted to request a new listing.

Unfortunately, they revamped the search page, and it now requires that the fields you put in resolve to existing listings before it will allow you to search.

I cannot find any other way to request a new listing. I tried sending an email to the help address, but it told me that I needed to go through the help center online. I tried that a few days ago and never even received a confirmation that the issue was being looked at.

This is frustrating to me because, in the past, TripAdvisor has actually been very responsive to my requests for new listings and corrections that I submitted for existing listings.

1 reply
Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,649 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Restaurants without TripAdvisor Listings

From https://www.tripadvisor.com/, do not go to the city directly, select "Review", then "Review a place you've visited".

Just yesterday I added a new restaurant that was not in the city list.

Goodluck,

SP

Reply to: New Restaurants without TripAdvisor Listings
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted