Trying to decided between these 2 properties. Can anyone advise? We'll be there in the summer months and plan to take the metro to DC on 2 or 3 days.
Pros of Renaissance
- Free shuttle from DCA
- 4 metro stops closer to DC
- $35/nt cheaper
- Free shuttle to Crystal City metro
- Free bike rental
Pros of Residence Inn
- 6 minute walk to King St metro
- Free breakfast
- Convenience to Old Town (we think we can walk from here to everything in Old Town but not sure if this is correct)
- More restaraunt options in walking distance
I think it really boils down to the being dependent on the shuttle to get back and forth to the metro. But in the heat of summer, maybe the shuttle is a good choice.
Curious to what folks would recommend.