We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ise Shrine

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
703 posts
1 review
Ise Shrine

Dear all,

I will be visiting Ise Shrine and driving from North (Tsu). I understand that we wll be visiting Geku (Toyoukedaijingu) and Naiku (Kotaijingu).

I saw there is parking place at Naiku:

isejingu.or.jp/shosai/english/koutu/koutu.htm

But will there be any in Geku?

I don't think it will be easy for us to park at Naiku and carry my baby and walk to Geku.

Also, I would like to know the parking fee for the parking. Can anyone help me? Thank you!

3 replies to this topic
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
703 posts
1 review
1. Re: Ise Shrine

Also, may I check with you how will the traffic like? Will that be really bad to go south?

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,039 posts
52 reviews
2. Re: Ise Shrine

The parking is next to Geku, and it's for free (up to 300 vehicles). You can drive to Naiku which is more popular with Okage Yokocho or Oharaimachi preserved historic touristy area (which is fun to explore and have lunch- try tekone zushi).

Why would it be bad to drive from Tsu toward Ise? I've mainly used the toll expressway, so it's a bit difficult to say, but unless there's an event like the New Year, Ise shouldn't be so crowded. Recommend going to Toba and the beautiful Ago Bay.

The bottleneck which I know of is the section of Higashi Meihan (East Meihan) between Yokkaichi Junction and Kameyama Junction, where the traffic between Tokyo-Kyoto/Osaka and Nagoya-Ise merges.

Edited: 16 September 2012, 22:36
SF
Destination Expert
for Fukuoka, Kyushu
Level Contributor
3,237 posts
33 reviews
3. Re: Ise Shrine

Take Route 23 Nansei Bypass to Geku first and you might go a little longer way HW23 Nansei Bypass back a little, 12 & 37 w/ interesting shops along the street toros via Kinki Isuzugawa station and Kogakkan University to/from Naiku. HW32.is the shortest and bus route but boring.

Reply to: Ise Shrine
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ise