We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belo Horizonte - Vitoria train

Vancouver, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Belo Horizonte - Vitoria train

I can't seem to find current information about the train from Belo Horizonte to Vitoria. All I'm getting is the reverse route - Vitoria to BH. Is there still a daytime train from BH to Vitoria?

8 replies to this topic
Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
25,901 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: Belo Horizonte - Vitoria train

Belo Horizonte to Vitória:

http://bit.ly/2Fskyif

Vancouver, Canada
5 posts
1 review
2. Re: Belo Horizonte - Vitoria train

Thank you very much.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Belo Horizonte - Vitoria train

I saw people buying tickets for trains at the railway station in Belo Horizonte. It was a very slow queue and I didn't bother to find out where they were going. No one spoke English and the Vale website seems to be broken. Very disappointing!

Belo Horizonte, MG
Level Contributor
572 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: Belo Horizonte - Vitoria train

I find it quite impressive that you made it all the way to BH and only now find out most people in Brazil don’t speak English!

Anyway, here’s a link to the website (start page in English): vale.com/brasil/…default.aspx

The train connects Belo Horizonte with Vitoria, the capital of Espírito Santo, on the coast. The train stops in several smaller cities along the way. There is one departure per day.

Belo Horizonte, MG
Level Contributor
572 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: Belo Horizonte - Vitoria train

@david-tre I now see that the link on that English start page is broken. Maybe that’s where you got stuck.

Here’s a link to a page (in Portuguese) that does have more info on the Vale train between BH and Vitória: vale.com/brasil/…default.aspx

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
6. Re: Belo Horizonte - Vitoria train

Also checked out that page, so disappointing that the English version doesnt work -.- Guess that would be another reason to work on my Portuguese before the Brasil trip lol.

chiang mai
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
7. Re: Belo Horizonte - Vitoria train

I have been trying to buy tickets online. I do find them (site all in portugese - but using google translate helps) BUT seems you need to set up an account with a brazilian CPF number. So off to find a travel agent to book for us

https:/…home

also their is no vitoria destination. The closest I found was Cariacica (Pedro Nolasco)

p

Belo Horizonte, MG
Level Contributor
572 posts
10 reviews
8. Re: Belo Horizonte - Vitoria train

Pedro Nolasco station is the final destination. It’s on the other side of the Santa Maria river from Vitória; a short ride by taxi away. Unless you’re pressed for time and need to travel on a specific day you can also wait to purchase your ticket until you’re in Belo Horizonte. The train is not likely to be full during weekdays.

Reply to: Belo Horizonte - Vitoria train
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Belo Horizonte