Sorry - not dissimilar to some other topics but I am just confusing myself trying to work through the pinned thread as things seem to change and a number of posts I think are written from a US perspective.
A few questions:
1. We fly in to IGU (Brazil) arriving 18:40 (end October) but are staying in the Sheraton on the Argentinian side - my assumption is that we will be too late to see the panoramic Brazilian side that evening so should go straight to the hotel?
2. Understanding is that we should be able to easily get a regulated cab at IGU that will take us across the border to our hotel? Anyone done the trip recently that can advise approximate cost?
3. Are the cabs metered or do we agree fare before?
4. As a UK citizen my understanding is that we need nothing more than passports to cross, is that correct? Should we expect to have to pay any fees or taxes etc? If so, how much?
5. My understanding is that this is quite a 'normal' taxi request and that taxis will wait as we complete cross border checks? What exactly are the checks - do we leave the cab to complete these? How long does this take?
6. Even though we are staying in the park, will we need to pay a park entrance fee on arrival?
Any other tips gratefully received! We were quoted USD150 by our hotel for a transfer which seemed steep. Would rather not line their pockets unnecessarily! That said, would be happy to shell out if it means a less anxious journey!
Thanks in advance.