We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi costs

County Tipperary...
Level Contributor
376 posts
236 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi costs

Hi. Im going from IGU to Cataratas resort. Is 88real a fair price?

8 replies to this topic
M W
Foz do Iguacu, PR
Destination Expert
for Foz do Iguacu
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi costs

There are many hotels with the name "Cataratas" within their name. Which Resort?

$R88 is too much for a taxi to hotels in Foz. It will be fair if going to the AR Falls.

Little more information and I can help.

Marty

County Tipperary...
Level Contributor
376 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi costs

Hi Marty. My hotel is Recanto Cataratas - Thermas, Resort e Convention

M W
Foz do Iguacu, PR
Destination Expert
for Foz do Iguacu
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi costs

Got it. Nice hotel and close to a Mall. One of the farthest from the Falls and airport. $88 reals is a good range.

We also grab a private transportation when we travel longer than a couple days and they charge $80 reals one way plus I tip from airport to the house which is near your resort.

County Tipperary...
Level Contributor
376 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi costs

MW. I just discovered a Brazilian uber type operation called 99 I suggest you check it out!

M W
Foz do Iguacu, PR
Destination Expert
for Foz do Iguacu
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi costs

I must be searching incorrectly. Do you have the link? I can go meet them and check out operations.

Thanks

Marty

County Tipperary...
Level Contributor
376 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi costs

You download the 99 taxis and drivers app from the Play Store. it's basically just like uber.

M W
Foz do Iguacu, PR
Destination Expert
for Foz do Iguacu
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi costs

I get conflicting information as to having this service in Foz. Foz local government has denied Uber. I have read that Uber was trying to have some type of partnership for other cities than Rio, SP, Curitiba and and others. I will search apps on phone

They was and always will be protests on many thing in Brazil and/or Argentina. Many transportations companies have unions.

We just went thru a big issue as to BR taxis being able to have fares from AR back to BR and Ar having fare back into AR. When these protest come many take to the 2 lane bridge crossing the AR-BR border. It reall slows done traffic. Now those who join a "Turismo" group has to pay an annual fee to have open access. Many smaller tour and taxi companies have opted out and pay as they go.

Local TV has done a piece on Uber in Falls and say the city oppose such due to the local bus service would be affected. Strange to me due to locals cannot afford daily costs for a uber type transportation everyday and most tourist only have a few days here and buses take time. Yes very less expensive, but time is money also.

Let you know what I find.

M W
Foz do Iguacu, PR
Destination Expert
for Foz do Iguacu
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi costs

Ok. What it does here in Foz is hail a taxi and suppose to be 30% off.

Being local we always try to get a set rate for taxis to and from home to airport (parking rate is high at airport).

The 2 majors Sindtaxi and CooperTaxi may not be members.

Reply to: Taxi costs
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Foz do Iguacu