We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat ride under the falls - which park do you recommend?

Which Foz do Iguacu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Little Rock...
Level Contributor
85 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Boat ride under the falls - which park do you recommend?

I was wondering which park gives the most exciting boat ride under the falls, the Brazilian or Argentine park? Or do they both give the same experience on the boat ride? Do they both go near Devil's Throat?

Edited: 26 March 2012, 20:15
Lunenburg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Saint John, Foz do Iguacu, Iguazu National Park
Level Contributor
3,682 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat ride under the falls - which park do you recommend?

Hi Little Rock!

I'm more familiar with the Brazilian boat ride, the Macuco. It's an inflated rubber Zodiac boat, the kind police use for water rescues. It's fast and safe, even when running the rapids. (You wear life jackets, naturally. See my avatar picture? It's taken aboard the Macuco boat!)

The boats do not approach especially close to the base of the grand falls. The river gets rock-strewn and you never can tell when debris is going to come flying over the falls. You'll still get a good view, although not as good as from land on the Brazilian side, where they've built a viewing platform, the closest it's possible to get. (That isn't the grand falls behind me in the avatar picture. It's one of the minor falls.)

These boat rides travel directly beneath some of the lesser falls (Iguasu stretches nearly two miles long). You can expect to get thoroughly drenched. Don't bring on board important papers, like passports. Be sure to bring a supply of zip-loc plastic baggies in which to put things like your camera.

Happy travels!

David

capetien10@gmail.com

Salvador
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat ride under the falls - which park do you recommend?

Both rides are to the same spot, about the same, but from Argentina may be cheaper.

3. Re: Boat ride under the falls - which park do you recommend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2013, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Foz do Iguacu