We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GIG - Ilha Grande by Taxi?

Malvern, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
GIG - Ilha Grande by Taxi?

Hi all, my fiancé and I are visiting Brazil in September for our honeymoon. We will be arriving into GIG airport at 12 midday and need to transfer directly to Ilha Grande. The owner of the pousada where we are staying has said that he can organise a taxi for us to Conceição de Jacareí pier (R$280) then wait for the next fast boat to Abraão village (R$40, departing every 30 minutes).

Does this sound correct? I have read up on this forum but no one seems to suggest taking a taxi – only buses/private tour companies. Any advice welcome, many thanks! :)

5 replies to this topic
Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
25,564 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: GIG - Ilha Grande by Taxi?

It's more expensive to go by taxi+fast boat, but if you don't mind the cost, this would be the quickest way for you to get to Ilha Grande from GIG.

Malvern, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: GIG - Ilha Grande by Taxi?

Thank you for your reply MonteCD! Do those prices sound correct to you?

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
25,564 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: GIG - Ilha Grande by Taxi?

The prices do sound correct. I'm assuming the R$280 is per taxi, not per person.

Malvern, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: GIG - Ilha Grande by Taxi?

Yes, that's correct - R$280 per taxi. Can we just grab a taxi at the airport for this journey or should be pre-book?

Thanks again for your help :)

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
25,564 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: GIG - Ilha Grande by Taxi?

I would let the owner of the pousada make the arrangements; that way you can count on a fixed price.

Reply to: GIG - Ilha Grande by Taxi?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ilha Grande