We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Discounted Samadrome tickets for 2013??

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
555 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Discounted Samadrome tickets for 2013??

Do you know how early we could book tickets for the sambadrome for 2013 and is there a time when seats are cheaper?

For example,concerts often sell early bird tickets to people who are signed up to their newsletter etc.Does anyone know anything about this?

And does a ticket get you access for just one day at the Sambadrome?

Niterói
Level Contributor
168 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Discounted Samadrome tickets for 2013??

Tickets are for just one night. I am not aware of an "early bird" discount option - but perhaps others have more info...

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Discounted Samadrome tickets for 2013??

What you should do is, by the end of September of 2012 pay attention to the news about that and purchase your ticket for one of the two parade days.

If you let for the last minute, you will probably find difficulties to find the best seats and can be extra-charged by some "intermediate-dealers".

Here, in that recent forum topic, are some websites that will provide you hot news since the tickets are already available by the time we mentioned above. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g303506-i1199-k505…

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
555 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Discounted Samadrome tickets for 2013??

Thank you,I will have a look at that website.

We would like to stay along Copacabana beach.

First of all,is there apartments/budget B&Bs along the beach? And if we were to stay here,would we be close enough to get a bus/metro etc into the carnival area?

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Discounted Samadrome tickets for 2013??

Apartments and B&Bs along the beach avenue at a good price... no, there are not.

But you can find some very well located hostels at a reasonable price and at a foot distance of the beach both in Copa and Ipanema.

To reach the Sambodromo you can use the efficient and safe metro from one of the three stations in Copa (Cardeal Arcoverde, Siqueira Campos or Cantagalo) to one that will leave you at a foot distance to the Sambodromo, called Praça Onze... that is the cheaper and easier way to go.

There are some bus lines such as 174, 119 that can let you there too. Take the first at Av Atlântica (beach avenue) and the other at Av Nossa Senhora de Copacabana and drop at Central do Brasil. Then, you should walk something like 800m to the Sambodromo.

A taxi ride would cost you about R$ 35 and, at early hours of the morning (as it will be after the parade), is the safest way to go back home.

Edited: 25 January 2012, 17:34
Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
555 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Discounted Samadrome tickets for 2013??

Very helpful thank you!

Anchieta
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Discounted Samadrome tickets for 2013??

Sarah--

Here's some advice for next year for you.

Sambodromo tickets for the parades are sold on one given day by telefone to individuals with a Brazilian ID and credit card, a strong dialing finger, and a lot of luck.

Most tourists therefore end up buying their tickets from a middleman who takes a markup (mostly about the same for all).

You could keep an eye on one recommended site (http://www.rio-carnival.net/) come next U.K. fall/ Rio spring to see when they post prices for 2013. Prices on such sites do tend to go up a bit more as the day of the event nears.

Wish you many happy hours of planning and anticipating.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
555 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Discounted Samadrome tickets for 2013??

Thank you.

Darwin
Level Contributor
57 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Discounted Samadrome tickets for 2013??

Hi sarah

just a warning...i have seen some pretty scathing reviews on ta about that above mentioned website but i cant get the link to attach on my phone but i found it quickly searching for rio carnival 2013 in the forum!

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Discounted Samadrome tickets for 2013??

Rio Carnival did not a good job last Carnival and there were a rain of complaints in the forum about their lack of professionalism.

Make a search here and pay attention to that!

10. Re: Discounted Samadrome tickets for 2013??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2013, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Rio de Janeiro