Since I will be going to Battambang for a couple of days in November, I decided to find out what kind of restaurants are available, and where they are... I have heard from various people that the White Rose Restaurant has been there for a long time, but not too many other good places to eat in the past...
But now, there seem to be many good restaurants which is good for Battambang, and good for our tummies. I mostly looked at Travelfish and found a cornacopia of great little places to enjoy good food.
The following are places I've found through Travelfish: (I'm looking forward to definitely trying lots of them!)
- NARY KITCHEN - #650 ST.111 - best fish Amok in town; Must wait about 40 minutes for food (bring a book!), all fresh ingredients; only 4 tables; Highly Recommended apparently.
- WHITE ROSE RESTAURANT - St. 2 -- good Khmer food; cheap; will need to wait awhile...
- JAEN BAI RESTAURANT - St. 2 - good Thai and Khmer food
- KHMER DELIGHT - ST.119 -- Khmer Food (obviously!)
- NIGHT MKT - beer and snacks
- GREEN MANGO CAFE & BAKERY - on the East Riverside by "There Be Dragons" G.H. - decadent deserts and great coffee!
- RIVERSIDE BALCONY BAR - St. 1 -- great music, longest running expat bar in Battambang. It's an old Cambodia bar in a beautiful old wooden house. It is super relaxed and lots of fun!
So to my surprise, there are some great places to relax and enjoy the vibe of Battambang... Hopefully, you too will enjoy yourselves in this town. I haven't got to Battambang yet, but I'm salivating a bit at what is there waiting for me to taste! :)