We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1, 2 or 3 nights

London, United...
Level Contributor
280 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
1, 2 or 3 nights

Hi i am planning to visit Cambodia in November And would like to see Battambang. I would be coming from Siem Reap so thought as i have done Sr before maybe stay there 3 nights and then onto Battambang for few days and Back to SR then onto PNH and leave my luggage at my hotel in SR?

Was wondering if it is better for a day or 2 as i know it is small and hotels are really dirty cheap too. I do like peace and quiet.

Mentioned in this post
Battambang
Battambang
Battambang Province, Cambodia
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Siem Reap Province, Cambodia
Bric-a-Brac
Bric-a-Brac
#1 of 27 hotels in Battambang
Battambang Resort
Battambang Resort
#2 of 27 hotels in Battambang
Maisons Wat Kor
Maisons Wat Kor
#3 of 27 hotels in Battambang
9 replies to this topic
sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,420 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1, 2 or 3 nights

Why back-track to SR? - you can go from Battambang onwards to PP quite easily.

Battambang needs a couple of days minimum so 3 nights there is good. Battambang is actually the 2nd largest city in Cambodia with a population of around 200,000

Mentioned in this post
Battambang
Battambang
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1, 2 or 3 nights

We are doing a similar thing next week. I don't think one night would be enough and three would be better if you can fit it in. Our plans include kayaking, cycling, cooking class, touring country side, circus performance, exploring the art scene. We are going to catch the local bus to Battambang, but plan to have a private van take us back as the return timetable didn't work for us. I found that accommodation in Battambang seems to be more expensive than in Siem Reap with fewer choices. I'll post a report when we get back.

Mentioned in this post
Battambang
Battambang
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
London, United...
Level Contributor
280 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1, 2 or 3 nights

Thanks guys. Maybe i might just upgrade to 3 then i found really cheap accommodations for 3 star hotels as little as £25 for 2 nights!

London, United...
Level Contributor
280 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1, 2 or 3 nights

So i decided to do

Phuket into siem reap

Siem Reap 3 nights 4 days

Siem Reap into Battambang via Mekong Express

Battambang 2 nights

Battambang into Phnom Penh via Mekong Express

Phnom Penh 3 nights

Then PNH into Bangkok.

Thanks for the help guys made it easier to plan for sure.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Battambang
Battambang
Phnom Penh
Phnom Penh
Cambodia
Mekong Express
Mekong Express
327 Reviews
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1, 2 or 3 nights

Hello

I'm hoping to follow route / itinerary next month. How did this work out for you? Thanks Rebecca

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1, 2 or 3 nights

Hi there. Having just moved here on Oct.1st from Van. Can

I cannot say enough good about Battambang. This is the real Cambodia. If I were you I would take the boat to see the spectacular floating villages. Its 5-6 hours and $20 so bring your adventurous side and go with it. Stock up on some sun screen and water and some food although you will stop for a toilet and food break choices are limited. Tons of accommodation and super cheap as its low season so barter a bit. I like being near the central market Phsar Nat of which there are many places $10 fan $15 a/c etc.

Have fun and please never hesitate to ask me further info.

Mentioned in this post
Battambang
Battambang
puerto princesa
Level Contributor
5,360 posts
395 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1, 2 or 3 nights

I was in Battambang earlier this year and i suggest two full days, one to explore the Killing Caves, Ancient House, and the bamboo train. The other day just wander around town , enjoy the restaurants and try a food massage.

Mentioned in this post
Battambang
Battambang
London, United...
Level Contributor
280 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1, 2 or 3 nights

thanks guys. I will be staying at The Emerald BB next month. Worked out i will be there for around 2 full days.

Will definately bring my adventurous side. I almost cancelled it because it looked really old and boring but then I remembered that's the whole point of going there...going off the beaten track.

I want to take some really good pictures can anyvody recommend places or routes for me to take?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1, 2 or 3 nights

For photo opps - walking around town will give you heaps of shots of old (decaying) Colonial buildings. The colours and details of these buildings made some great photography while we were there a couple of years ago. Out in the countryside - the landscape around the killing caves is beautiful - very flat and green with a few small conical mountains popping up. There are good views on the way up the mountain where you go to see the caves. You can also get a tuk-tuk out to villages where fish is processed - making fish sauce as well as dried fish. We got some great photos there too. Some of our best sightseeing was done in the countryside around Battambang, but we felt the town itself to be a bit depressed. Just my opinion - many would disagree!

Mentioned in this post
Battambang
Battambang
Reply to: 1, 2 or 3 nights
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted