We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shanghai-Huangshan 2D/1N is this doable?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Shanghai-Huangshan 2D/1N is this doable?

Hello all,

We are young, fit, Mandarin-speaking couple looking for a nice getaway from the city. quick questions:

Day1:

arrive Tunxi 15:00 from Shanghai

visit Hongcun in the afternoon

Stay overnight in Tunxi or Tangkou (which is better?)

Day 2:

get early cable car Yuping or Taiping (which is more scenic on the way up?)

hike for 5-6 hours

take late afternoon cable car down

dinner in Tunxi

22:30 flight back to Shanghai

Which cable car/hikes would be most scenic and less crowded to do?

Would you say that sunset on the mountain is a must-see? (I can possibly extend the trip by one night if it is worthwhile).

Thank you!

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
46,085 posts
839 reviews
1. Re: Shanghai-Huangshan 2D/1N is this doable?

If you want to get the cable early before the crowds arrive and the wait get to 3 hours, better stay close to the base. Not sure about sunset but understand that the quality of what you will seeing is largely dependent on weather. I was lucky but I have friends who saw nothing at all.

2. Re: Shanghai-Huangshan 2D/1N is this doable?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2016, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Huangshan