We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shanghai-Huangshan 2D/1N is this doable?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Shanghai-Huangshan 2D/1N is this doable?

Hello all,

We are young, fit, Mandarin-speaking couple looking for a nice getaway from the city. quick questions:

Day1:

arrive Tunxi 15:00 from Shanghai

visit Hongcun in the afternoon

Stay overnight in Tunxi or Tangkou (which is better?)

Day 2:

get early cable car Yuping or Taiping (which is more scenic on the way up?)

hike for 5-6 hours

take late afternoon cable car down

dinner in Tunxi

22:30 flight back to Shanghai

Which cable car/hikes would be most scenic and less crowded to do?

Would you say that sunset on the mountain is a must-see? (I can possibly extend the trip by one night if it is worthwhile).

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Shanghai
Shanghai
Shanghai Region, China
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
44,469 posts
824 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shanghai-Huangshan 2D/1N is this doable?

If you want to get the cable early before the crowds arrive and the wait get to 3 hours, better stay close to the base. Not sure about sunset but understand that the quality of what you will seeing is largely dependent on weather. I was lucky but I have friends who saw nothing at all.

2. Re: Shanghai-Huangshan 2D/1N is this doable?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2016, 00:16