We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are the most spectacular spots on Huangshan

Monterey Park...
Level Contributor
79 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
What are the most spectacular spots on Huangshan

Hello, I am visiting Huangshan in the first week of October.

I has a knee surgery 2 years ago. Please kindly advise which steps should I take to ascend (WEST or East) ?

I plan to visit Hongcun early morning, afternoon ascend to the top. Stay on top 1 night, morning descending, visiting the spectacular ones as I go along from morning to late afternoon. Then back to Tunxi for a night before leaving to Shanghai w/ an early train (?)

Or should I go to Hongcun after visiting the top ?

Thanks for your time.

Mentioned in this post
Huangshan
Huangshan
Anhui, China
Shanghai
Shanghai
Shanghai Region, China
Huangshan
Level Contributor
327 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What are the most spectacular spots on Huangshan

Get onto and the top and down to the bottom from eastern side, much easier walking, less steps. Go to Hongcun first then to the top, so as to avoid crowds people either in the village or waiting the cable car. As for train back to Shanghai, I suggest the speed train after a night at Tunxi, you can enjoy views during day time.

Mentioned in this post
Shanghai
Shanghai
Shanghai Region, China
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,297 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What are the most spectacular spots on Huangshan

Excellent advice from Huangshan expert, John_Tunxi. We had a wonderful trip, thanks to you.

Mentioned in this post
Huangshan
Huangshan
Anhui, China
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
44,227 posts
824 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What are the most spectacular spots on Huangshan

First week of October? Very bad idea. You won't see anything during the National holidays. There will be tons of people. Expect at least a 3-hour wait for the cable car and to be stuck in human traffic jams once on top.

Not sure about the extent of your knee injury but understand that on the mountain, it is nothing but stairs. I remember the longest flat part being no more than 10 meters long.

Edited: 09 August 2015, 08:55
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
44,227 posts
824 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What are the most spectacular spots on Huangshan

Here is what it looked like 3 years ago before the high speed train: …anhuinews.com/system/…005242911.shtml

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
531 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What are the most spectacular spots on Huangshan

You say you had knee surgery are you capable of hiking miles climbing stone steps?

Monterey Park...
Level Contributor
79 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What are the most spectacular spots on Huangshan

Thanks to all of you for your time.

Monterey Park...
Level Contributor
79 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What are the most spectacular spots on Huangshan

Thanks John for your advise.

8. Re: What are the most spectacular spots on Huangshan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2016, 01:17
;