We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 nights

Solon, Ohio
Level Contributor
95 posts
2 reviews
2 nights

spending 2 nights in Lijiang. we love to focus on the culture of the area. Any myst sees and things to avoid?

Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: 2 nights

You might need a personal driver, or at least a trusted taxi driver if you wish to travel a bit further from Lijiang Old Town itself. You can take a whole day to explore the Old Town, hike up to its peak and enjoy the night life of the Old Town. Away from the city, the Hei Long Tan is a nice park to visit, Baisha Mural and the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain. :)

You may want to avoid tea tasting if you are brought by your tour guide, as they are aggressive sales people and might not like 'No' for an answer (based on personal experience).

The food there are moderately priced, the costlier ones includes mushroom steamboat, you might need to fork out extra RMB for that :)

All in all, I guess you would enjoy Lijiang, I know I did. Make sure you pack enough winter-like clothing as it can get quite cold there.

…blogspot.com/2014/01/tips-and-tricks-lijian…

Edited: 26 April 2014, 12:55
Long Beach...
Level Contributor
1,505 posts
595 reviews
2. Re: 2 nights

the hightlight of my visit there was actually doing a daytrip to middle tiger leaping gorge

Lijiang,Yunnan
Level Contributor
296 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: 2 nights

hi,

maybe wenhai is a nice choice for you i think, it is not far from Lijiang city, and for driving 40 minute to a traditional Naxi Village. concentrated of all Natural things,animals ,folk culture for you enjoy it. in wenhai, you also can do some horse-riding to explore the mysterious village.

and there is one of the small Naxi villages(Baisha Old town ), at the base of the mountains. then you get 2 options for you down . option 1 ,drive around 30 minutes down to visit Baisha,. option 2, walk about 3 hours down to Baisha village( if you prefer hiking ).

the next day,Tiger leaping gorge is a wonderful sight not to be missed.

i hope it works for you and you will like it.

Lijiang, China
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: 2 nights

cycling(rental one bike) from lijiang Old Town to Dongba Museum (free entry, except Monday closed) will have an idea about Pictographic characters, Naxi coverage and customs. then to Baisha village to learn Naxi Lifestyle, visit Naxi family, building structure etc... enjoy Naxi Orchestra at night. walk to top of the Old Town to see all roofs. how splendid! if you get a local guide will make your tour more worthful.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
149 posts
203 reviews
5. Re: 2 nights

I am very interested in your reply regarding travel around Lijiang. My husband and I will be traveling in Yunnan province ( our second trip there) in early May and I was hoping to trek to Wenhai village and stay in the ecolodge. there. I have been in touch with a local guide and she quoted me a price of $600.00 for a two night stay in an eco lodge with private bath, also including travel to the hiking trail, guide and meals. I thought that this was an excessive amount. My husband and I hiked to Tiger Leaping gorge on our own in 2011 and this trip to Wenhai looks more like a trek than a hike. Is it possible to do it on our own ? We will have some days in Lijiang to make arrangements. What do you think of the quoted price?

Lijiang, China
7 posts
6. Re: 2 nights

I am local , I think you can go to TLG , really beautiful place . And a boout the Acoomdation . You can Stay at the guesthouse in the old town .

China
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
7. Re: 2 nights

Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, and Old Town of Lijiang in first day and visit Tiger Leaping Gorge next day. On the way to Tiger Leaping Gorge, do not miss this amazing part of the Yangtse River.

Lijiang,Yunnan
Level Contributor
296 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: 2 nights

No,don't worry about it .when you get there,some people will let you know.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
154 posts
270 reviews
9. Re: 2 nights

I was not terribly impressed with the Tiger leaping gorge. Here would be my recommendation for the two days:

1) take a stroll at Lijiang old town at very early morning hours (before 9am) to avoid the crowd. Then spend the rest of the day visiting the Jade Dragon Mountain (seeing the Impression Lijiang show, visiting the greater Yulong scenic area, not recommending the glacier)

2) a day trip to Shibaoshan and Baisha village

Given all the transportation, it's better to get a private driver/guide.

As for lodging, I would recommend the Intercontinental.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
154 posts
270 reviews
10. Re: 2 nights

Sorry, after Shibaishan, I meant visiting Shaxi Old town, not Baisha village