We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 nights on Brac or Hvar?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
51 posts
3 reviews
2 nights on Brac or Hvar?

My boyfriend and I will have two nights on an island in Croatia during our 10 day trip. We will be coming from Split and heading to Dubrovnik. In between we want to spend two nights in either Hvar or Brac island. We would like to scuba dive one or two days, lay on a nice sandy beach, eat great food and maybe hike? Which island should we stay on?

We are leaning towards Brac because it looks like the beaches and diving might be better and we are not into the party scene. Is this a good choice?

If Brac what side of the island should we stay on?

Finally if we are coming from Split what’s the best way to get to the island and when we leave is there a tour boat that will take us on an island tour on the way to Dubrovnik? Is this even possible?

We leave in 2 weeks!

Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Split, Cavtat, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo, Mostar, Zagreb
Level Contributor
8,597 posts
522 reviews
1. Re: 2 nights on Brac or Hvar?

To both Brac and Hvar you have catamaran ferries (foot passenger only) and car ferries, krilo.hr and jadrolinija.hr sites (Jadrolinja. 3-digit code catamaran, 4-digit car ferry).

If diving is in question I think Hvar is better - because of the Paklen Otoci small island in front of it ("Hell Islands)

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
7,071 posts
77 reviews
2. Re: 2 nights on Brac or Hvar?

I was thinking that Bol on Brac has lots of watersport facilities. However, sand is in short supply in Croatia. You can get the catamaran from Split to Dubrovnik - is this what you mean, or do you want to stop off, then go on after a break on different islands on the same day? If yes, I'm not aware of such a boat. If you go to Bol you could pick up the Krilo cat that goes between Split and Dubrovnik daily in the summer: https:/…Sailing_schedule_DUBROVNIK_2.pdf

You can also hike up Vidova Gora behind Bol which is the highest point on any Croatian island, on a well marked route.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
63,794 posts
88 reviews
3. Re: 2 nights on Brac or Hvar?

Would you consider Korcula? It has a nice sand beach at Lumbarda.

Reply to: 2 nights on Brac or Hvar?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bol
Recent Conversations