We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advice on best use of time and money for Hvar

San Diego...
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Need advice on best use of time and money for Hvar

During our trip to Croatia, my friend and I were planning on some R&R on the islands, Hvar specifically, but we are open. We will be coming from Split and can spend from 4 Sept and must go back to Split on the 7th to fly to Rome at 6:30pm. We want a simple place that is easy to get to from the ferry to enjoy swimming, sun, hiking, drinks and sight seeing. We would love it if where we stayed offered breakfast or was near a cheap cafe. We don't need anything fancy, but don't want to stay anywhere gross either. We are not party animals, but don't want to be totally isolated either. We would need a place with two twin beds. Can anyone recommend accomodations with some hints on how we would get from the ferry to the accommodations and maybe some suggestions on some relaxing things to do while we are there, even day trips?

Thanks. This is our first trip to Croatia and we are so looking forward to it. The highlight before heading to the islands is a river rafting trip on the Una river!

Corinne

Mentioned in this post
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Split
Split
Split-Dalmatia County, Croatia
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Five Island Speedboat Tour Featuring...
86 Reviews
from US$130.80*
Free Cancellation
Full-Day Mega Catamaran Excursion to...
41 Reviews
from US$95.10*
Free Cancellation
Blue Cave and Six Island Tour from...
45 Reviews
from US$148.70*
Free Cancellation
Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,581 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need advice on best use of time and money for Hvar

why not take a boat to Vis, and stay in Komiža - it kind of matches what you're looking for. the nearby Blue Cave (on Biševo island just off Komiža) is a must, and there is great inland area, local restaurants, coves,...

for boats: jadrolinija.hr or krilo.hr (hydrofoil).

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
57,497 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need advice on best use of time and money for Hvar

Vis sounds right to me too!!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need advice on best use of time and money for Hvar

So I checked out Vis and there did not seem to be decent accomodations to stay as far as a hotel. ...... would that be better for a day trip perhaps while still making our accomodations in Hvar?

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
6,670 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need advice on best use of time and money for Hvar

What sort of accommodation do you want? Is it a hotel rather than apartments that you want? If so, perhaps check out Hvar Town.

Mentioned in this post
Hvar
Hvar
Hvar Island, Croatia
San Diego...
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need advice on best use of time and money for Hvar

We would be willing to stay in either apartment or hotel, but as mentioned in my previous post, were hoping for something close to swimming, hiking and food as a convenience. I was hoping to get specific recommendations for accomodations on Hvar specifically but am open to other islands easy to reach from Split. We could spend up to $175 US a night for a place that really hit the mark.

Mentioned in this post
Hvar
Hvar
Hvar Island, Croatia
Split
Split
Split-Dalmatia County, Croatia
Zalakaros, Hungary
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need advice on best use of time and money for Hvar

I bring groups to Hvar every year and for sure theres lots to do during your stay. With your budget absolutely no problem to find a realy nice place..best bets are the obvious trip advisor, booking .com or contact the tourism board hvar for information!!

Dortmund, Germany
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Need advice on best use of time and money for Hvar

Looking at hvar but it seems there aren't many decent hotels ? Is it a good place to go for a vacation? We like luxury boutique.....

Zalakaros, Hungary
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need advice on best use of time and money for Hvar

Borsi look at Riva and Adriana both owned by Suncani hotels..you can not get more boutique style than that!!

9. Re: Need advice on best use of time and money for Hvar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2014, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Hvar