We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry not running Hvar to Vis as its a holiday..?

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
6 reviews
Ferry not running Hvar to Vis as its a holiday..?

Hi,

I specifically arranged my itinerary around the Tuesday Ferry from Hvar to Vis. I have now read on the Jadrolinija website that the Tuesday ferry on the 26th does not stop at Hvar as its a holiday, which messes up my itinerary.

Could someone please advise on suitable alternative journeys to make this trip - I have booked my accommodation so do need to be there that day.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks in advance!

Durham
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Ferry not running Hvar to Vis as its a holiday..?

Probably best to go via Split - either a morning catamaran at the 11am ferry to Vis or the afternoon catamaran and the 6.30pm ferry. Alternatively, you could try to get places an excursion boat from Hvar to Vis, but this would be more expensive and probably goes to the blue and green caves before landing in Komiza in the afternoon.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Ferry not running Hvar to Vis as its a holiday..?

Thanks apt22,

where does the morning catamaran go from? We are staying in Hvar town...

Durham
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Ferry not running Hvar to Vis as its a holiday..?

The catamarans leave from Hvar Town itself. On the left hand side as you look out of the sea. You can get tickets the day before. Jadrolinija has it's own ticket office. Peligrini tours sells the Krilo Jet tickets.

Jelsa, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Hvar
Level Contributor
3,301 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Ferry not running Hvar to Vis as its a holiday..?

Jenny.. holiday is on Jun 25th and not 26 th!

www.jadrolinija.hr/pdfs/9602.2013.ljeto.e.pdf

5. Re: Ferry not running Hvar to Vis as its a holiday..?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2014, 01:18
Get answers to your questions about Hvar
Recent Conversations