We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Split-Hvar-Travel

Ely, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Split-Hvar-Travel

Hi, I wold love to know the best and most reasonable way to get from Spilt Airport to Hvar. Travel will be September 17th. Also how much is car hire on Hvar as we are staying in Milna and would like to see all the island.

Thanks DippyPats

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
63,736 posts
88 reviews
1. Re: Split-Hvar-Travel

Bus from the airport to Split and then a ferry from there to Stari Grad.

Ely, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Split-Hvar-Travel

I have heard the bus takes a long time ? Do you know how long by any chance ? Thanks

Edited: 15 June 2013, 17:16
Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
63,736 posts
88 reviews
3. Re: Split-Hvar-Travel

The bus from the airport shouldn't take long and should be waiting on your flight...an alternative would be to jump in a taxi at the airport...then you could also take a taxi from Stari Grad to Milna.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: Split-Hvar-Travel

Bus takes about half hour tops. Not sure of your budget, but buses are the most innexpensive way to get to Split harbor

Ely, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: Split-Hvar-Travel

I have heard the bus takes a long time ? Do you know how long by any chance ? Thanks , half hour is great , budget is ok ish , just not big enough to get ripped off by taxi and flight gets in about 10 am and was hoping to catch catamara , I hear they get sold out quick .

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
3,581 posts
44 reviews
6. Re: Split-Hvar-Travel

the catamaran shouldn't sell out quick on 17 september, as it's a working day, off season

Hvar, Croatia
Level Contributor
196 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Split-Hvar-Travel

The price for the car in that period is 40-50€/day depends for how many days you need car.

8. Re: Split-Hvar-Travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2014, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Hvar
Recent Conversations