We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good location for 50 somethings??????

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
212 posts
169 reviews
good location for 50 somethings??????

afternoon

we're looking at staying in porec late june 2017

we're a couple in our 50s and like walking, a few beers in 'local' type bars and decent restaurants- again of native variety

would it suit us and what are the beach options in/ around the resort? all suggestions gratefully received

thanks

Durham
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: good location for 50 somethings??????

I like the Valamar Riviera as it has a waterfront position in the town centre but offers a free boat service to Sveti Nikola Island where there is good swimming. Or, if you prefer it quieter, stay at the Isabella or other hotels on Sveti Nikola Island.

England
Level Contributor
76 posts
50 reviews
2. Re: good location for 50 somethings??????

I've stayed many times at the Valamar Isabella Island hotel and it's perfect for me. Very small and beautiful island with half hourly free boat, 4 minutes, into town. The beaches are rocky in the area but the island does have a man made sandy one along with several coves. The town has plenty of restaurants and bars to choose from so you won't find that a problem. I would advise looking around the back streets to find the nicest ones.

Edited: 09 November 2016, 18:20
3. Re: good location for 50 somethings??????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2017, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Porec
Recent Conversations