We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cocolobo or Sunsrtvillas

Benson, Arizona
2 posts
Save Topic
Cocolobo or Sunsrtvillas

My family -2 couples -trying to decide which lodge or villa would be best for us.....has anyone stayed at either of these places or have any opinions? we would like to scuba, snorkel, relax,enjoy the beach and pool in a quiet clean not too touristy place, thanks!!!

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
625 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cocolobo or Sunsrtvillas

Cocolobo is definitely the better choice for many reasons. Its close yet far enough away to be quiet from West End, snorkeling is a few steps away in Half Moon Bay, pool is ocean side, and the hosts Ron and Bonnie cannot be beat !

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,409 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cocolobo or Sunsrtvillas

for what you say you want, I wonder why you are looking at these two. Neither has a beach or coast you can snorkel from. SSV has a better pool, but CCL has better reviews. The ocean view and sunset from CCL are about the best on the island. At both of these you have to walk to beach and walk to snorkel and walk to a dive shop. I don't think either one offers kayaks or access to shore where you could launch a kayak. Both are sufficiently isolated and convenient enough to the bars and shops and restaurants of West End.

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,121 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cocolobo or Sunsrtvillas

I agree with dhauk.

Perhaps Luna Beach would more to your liking, do they have kayaks to paddle out to the reef? They have everything else you are asking for. It is always quiet when I walk past.

There is nothing about Sunset I like and I lived up that canyon for 8 weeks one year. :0) What can I say it was CHEAP!

If I had only the two places to choose from I would take Cocolobo but not for the reasons you list.

Benson, Arizona
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cocolobo or Sunsrtvillas

Thank you all so much for your input! We really appreciate your opinions.

5. Re: Cocolobo or Sunsrtvillas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 July 2012, 13:35
6. Re: Cocolobo or Sunsrtvillas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 15:45
Get answers to your questions about West End
Recent Conversations