We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roatan, Honduras

Barrie, ON
Level Contributor
80 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Roatan, Honduras

Heading to Roatan this winter and we are looking for recomendations for an all inclusive resort for 2. We are looking for a resort that also is close to good restaurants off site. What do you think is the best resort. Leaning towards Infinity Bay. Also looking for good day trips. Thanks!

1. Re: Roatan, Honduras

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2013, 10:43
I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,121 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Roatan, Honduras

It would depend on what "best" means to you.

Infinity is loved by many and close to other restaurants.

Have a look at the tour operator web sites for ideas on day trips. Ya don't have to go with them but they will give you ideas. Bodden Tours gets alot of press for being very good.

There are also various types of boat trips available.. what do you enjoy and we can point you in the right direction... I don't like deep sea fishing so this is not something that is the lest bit of interest to me. :0)

Barrie, ON
Level Contributor
80 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Roatan, Honduras

I guess best would describe maybe a 4 star or above. With that being said, we are not travelling as a family this time, just my wife and I, so we are open to other suggestions, but "all inclusive" and nice beach. We tried deepsea fishing in Cuba last year and it didn't go over so well! So day trips, such as zip lining or Island tours etc... Really looking forward to it.

Roatan, Honduras
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Roatan, Honduras

Since you are open for more suggestions you should check out west bay has a lot to offer there's where all the inclusive fancy hotels and of course all the hotels has bars and restaurants at west end is more like party area of the island there's also a variety of restaurants and local food but not only west end is the only place to go out and have a good time there's some places to the east of the island !!!

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,121 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Roatan, Honduras

I know little about star ratings, perhaps someone else can help you with that. The premiere beach in the island is West Bay. Ya might wanta research all inclusive on the island, from what I understand they are not what many people understand all inclusive to be. Many are simple accommodation with a meal plan.

as far as tours... as I said have a look at the tour operator web sites for ideas on day trips. Ya don't have to go with them but they will give you ideas. Bodden Tours gets alot of press for being very good. One need only Google "things to do on Roatan" and pages of web sites with idea appears.

Barrie, ON
Level Contributor
80 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Roatan, Honduras

Thanks!!

Ajax, Ontario
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Roatan, Honduras

If you are staying in West Bay, there are lots of restaurants just a walk down the beautiful beach. I've never been, but I've heard the Vintage Pearl in the "fanciest" restaurant with a good wine selection. Most restaurants along the beach are good with a fun atmosphere. I've always considered it part of the adventure to try as many as I can. There are a ton of restaurants in West End. Take the water taxi in early (land taxi back), go for a stroll in the quaint town and pick out a place for dinner. The Lily Pond was good and it's interesting to watch the bats at the hummingbird feeders. tripadvisor.ca/Restaurants-g292019-Roatan_Ba…

The AI on West Bay are mostly buffet, so it's definitely a good thing to get out and explore.

Infinity is a gorgeous property and I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Anything would be better than Barrie in the winter! LOL

Barrie, ON
Level Contributor
80 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Roatan, Honduras

Thanks for the info. and yes it will be better than Barrie in the winter!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,438 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Roatan, Honduras

For ease of access to restaurants, upscale and all inclusive I would suggest either Infinity Bay or Mayan Princess.

As already mentioned, neither are in the same vein of "all inclusive" that you might find in DR, Mayan Riviera, etc. Simply meaning, there isn't 3 pools, 5 restaurants, swim up bars, multiple arranged activities, etc etc. That being said, both are lovely properties. Infinity the larger & perhaps busier of the two.

10. Re: Roatan, Honduras

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2013, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about West End
Recent Conversations