We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

West End Accomdations

Winneconne...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
West End Accomdations

My wife and I plan to spend two nights in West End area mid December on our way to a Utila Cay via Capt. Vern, and then one more night in same area upon return from Utila. Any advice on where to stay? Looking for something clean, safe, and fairly low budget. Don't need fancy. Andy and Mary, Wisconsin

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,418 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: West End Accomdations

you should review the hotel and inns section of TA. They give you a lot of info as well as a lot of pix. But sometimes hotels are in the "inns" section and other times they are in the "hotels" section, so review both.

I believe that the utila boat leaves off the dock at Half Moon Bay. I have not taken it but I have often seen it there.

If you still can't make up your mind after reading the reviews on TA, here are 3 suggestions, all within 100 feet of the dock. Most expensive: Beach House right on the beach to the north side of the dock, also has the best restaurant in town. Medium: Coconut Tree Cabins, right behind the dive shop. Very cheap: Dolphin Hotel, to the south across the road from the beach. I have not stayed at any of these. read the reviews, look at the pix. All 3 of these are in the middle of things so are very convenient, but not the quietest.

Stoney Creek, Canada
Level Contributor
138 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: West End Accomdations

Have you been to Utila befor ? Where are you staying on Utila how is the snorkeling

Roatan
Level Contributor
292 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: West End Accomdations

Have a look at Splash Inn or Mariposa Lodge. Further from the entrance of town both have very good reputations. As Dhauk says, read the reviews.

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,344 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: West End Accomdations

I would suggest also Splash inn, Mariposa lodge or at the end close to barefeet bar la quinta inn

carp, on
Level Contributor
164 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: West End Accomdations

Got back from Utila/Roatan trip mid Sept. It was our 1st trip to Utila and 5th trip to Roatan. The difference between the 2 is more coral on Utila but less fish.

Good place to shore snorkel from is Coral View, easy access & nice wall.

Really enjoyed Utila and planning to go back in March.

For West End would suggest Seagrape east of Half Moon Bay on Mangrove Bight. They have a dive shop on site.

Snorkeled with 11 metre whale shark off Mangrove Bight when we were there.

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
625 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: West End Accomdations

http://www.roatanposada.com/ clean, cheap and safe.

Collingwood, Canada
Level Contributor
91 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: West End Accomdations

Check out Lily Pond House in West End - great food too!

Winneconne...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: West End Accomdations

Thanks for all your suggestions!

Winneconne...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: West End Accomdations

we've been to Utila before, but this is our first stop in Roatan. While on Utila itself stayed at Lighthouse Inn, on the east side of town right out over the water, nice rooms, quiet, inexpensive, and Thelma the landlady is a wealth of info. For main part of our Utila stay we have Sandy Cay all to ourselves! and the snokeling is GREAT all around the Cay.

Winneconne...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: West End Accomdations

Anyone have any experience/comments about Chillies?

Get answers to your questions about West End
Recent Conversations