We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging for 1 jan 4-12, 2013 recommendations?

Boulder, Colorado
2 posts
Save Topic
Lodging for 1 jan 4-12, 2013 recommendations?

I just booked air to roatan jan 4-16, 2013 and I am first timer. I am an experienced diver and looking to dive a fair amount. Any advice on a solo traveler finding a decent place near the beach near

west end?

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,547 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging for 1 jan 4-12, 2013 recommendations?

My first thought for you was to suggest one of the dive resorts scattered around the island, where you'd be surrounded with other dive fanatics. Typically these allow you 3 daily boat dives and often permit additional shore dives. These also offer near-by snorkeling, as a rule. Being with the same people at the resort and on the boat would allow you to become part of a group. But some of these resorts are a bit isolated from town and you'd need to have all your meals there. West End has the most variety on the island, bars, restaurants, stores, beach along most parts. A lot of dive shops but few of these also offering rooms and meals. My first choice would be Sueno del Mar, 8 neat rooms with a well regarded dive shop, right on the water with a nice beach and direct access to the best snorkeling on the island, and a lively afternoon bar scene, and a free breakfast. Maybe Splash Inn, with a good restaurant and dive shop but no beach. Or Seagrape, with nice cabins and the best pool, but it sits on ironshore and I didn't care for their dive shop. Aside from these and some more primitive places you'd be staying one place and diving at another. I'd suggest that you spend time on the hotel reviews on TA and look at the pictures.

2. Re: Lodging for 1 jan 4-12, 2013 recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2013, 05:16