We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The DIVERATS are coming

tulsa
Level Contributor
104 posts
13 reviews
The DIVERATS are coming

Lock up the women and children!!!! The DIverats will be there Feb 21- 28. Marco, I hear you are no longer at CCT so we are going to have to hunt you down. Only 13 of us this year but those of us going will make up for the rest of them. Mike

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
2,256 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: The DIVERATS are coming

So where are these diverats staying? We all know serious divers with bottom time being the most important are CocoNuTS, where do the second fiddle folks stay?

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
697 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: The DIVERATS are coming

Marco is here now : http://qualitytimedivers.com/

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
2,256 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: The DIVERATS are coming

Holy Sh.... $60 per dive?

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,747 posts
91 reviews
4. Re: The DIVERATS are coming

indeed, you get what you pay for. I've paid less for dives on Roatan which were a waste of time and money because the dive master was poor. True it happens even in a place like Roatan. But never with Marco. He knows the island and its sites very well and he'll take you where you want to go when you want to go and won;t drag you back with a half tank of air left. World's best dive master? You decide. Certainly worth more than the rock-bottom dive fee. Even Roatan's beauty won;t make up for a poor leader.

Those in the know

go

Marco

(so can I get a discount now?)

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,535 posts
138 reviews
5. Re: The DIVERATS are coming

Wow... for those who might come to this thread in the future and not know - dhauk is perhaps the most reliable, experienced poster on this forum. That is not an insult to all the other fine folks here, it is just a recognition of a guy who has answered a lot of questions with a high level of reliability and not a ton of ego. Expertise without drama...

So when he gives a ringing endorsement like this, it really means something I'm not a diver, but if I was...

Calypso, North...
Level Contributor
887 posts
1 review
6. Re: The DIVERATS are coming

Georgee, you are not just whistling Dixie about those prices. At the $72 per tank of EAN32 nitrox, that would come to $1950 just for doing my standard 27 dives per week. Shnikies!

Just what am I "getting that I paid for" at a cost of $72 for each dive at QTD, Quality Time Divers? Naked Swedish Virgin Divemistresses? A few pounds of that EGO stuff?

I gotta look into that. Must learn more about Roatan diving. Buehler? Buehler? Anyone?

Well, anyway DiveRats, enjoy paradise, bring a lot of money.

Edited: 11 February 2015, 19:18
Tennessee
Level Contributor
590 posts
25 reviews
7. Re: The DIVERATS are coming

Can someone direct me to the Swedish divemasters you speak of....I will pay 72 per dive. ;)

Calypso, North...
Level Contributor
887 posts
1 review
8. Re: The DIVERATS are coming

They're not for rent. They are actually Free Range NSVDM' s and theiir glistening beads of perspiration, blotted gently from their downy skin, are used for the bestest mask defog money can buy.

Rare stuff, this.

Edited: 11 February 2015, 22:00
Gulf Shores, Alabama
Level Contributor
938 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: The DIVERATS are coming

I love this thread. I wish I had something more clever to say.

tulsa
Level Contributor
104 posts
13 reviews
10. Re: The DIVERATS are coming

How did you guys know that those are the exact type of divemasters we bring with us??? Not sure about second fiddle. Don't know how to play a fiddle. But the world famous Diverats will be staying at Coconuttree and diving with them.