We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TET Holiday 2013

Hai Phong
Level Contributor
2 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
TET Holiday 2013

In Hai Phong Teaching English and will be here for the 2013 TET Holiday period.

I am from Melbourne and as this is my first time in Vietnam, looking for suggestions as I am not planning to go home.

Interested to hear from some locals.

1. Re: TET Holiday 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 September 2012, 04:06
Hai Phong
Level Contributor
2 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TET Holiday 2013

Thank you for your comments.

I am still not sure of my plans as yet for the TET Holiday, but I may be contacted through my e-mail grahamfarrell2011@hotmail.com

Regards

Graham

Hai Phong, Vietnam
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: TET Holiday 2013

Tet Holiday is so long this year, 2013 (about 9 days) . I think that you should travel around Viet Nam. You can go somewhere that you haven't come yet.

If you need any help. Write to me. My email is hienvalen@yahoo.com

Thu Hien

Aalsmeer, The...
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TET Holiday 2013

@Thu Hien

I have been told everybody is travelling during TET so the transport can become over crowded and booking in advance is required. Do you know if that is true? Or is it easier to travel on the 3rd or 4th day of TET for example?

And, are there any special places TET is celebrated BIG, and is interesting for folks who are not with their family?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TET Holiday 2013

Hello

We too are travelling thru the TET holiday period in Hanoi from 9th - 12th February, we have been declined by a few tour operators who are closed for this period. Including some cruise operators.

As well as finding it difficult to book train tickets to Danang, one online booking agent advising us no booking for the date of 13th February.

Suggest you ensure you are booked for what you need through this time.

On the up side everyone has been most helpful and polite with their emails.

Hai Phong, Vietnam
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: TET Holiday 2013

Hi,

It's true that travelling during Tet is crowed. It is the most crowed on 27th, 28th and 6th, 7th,8th after Tet. I think 3rd and 4th is normal. Where do you want to go?

Aren't there any special places TET is celebrated BIG because Tet is the time for family or whole family go on holiday.

Thu Hien

7. Re: TET Holiday 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2014, 04:15