We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get to BSB from Miri airport?

In cooperation with: Sarawak Tourism Board
London, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
18 reviews
16 helpful votes
Best way to get to BSB from Miri airport?

We will be arriving at Miri airport from Mulu and planning to head straight to BSB then fly out to Kota Kinabula from BSB.

Can you please advise us what is the best way to do so? should we hire a car we dont mind to do self driving, or should we hire taxi or is there a transportation company that does it. we are not very keen on public bus but if we must and that is the only option then please give me your thoughts?

Many thanks.

5 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
740 posts
6 reviews
34 helpful votes
1. Re: Best way to get to BSB from Miri airport?

There are drivers that play the route between BSB and Miri. However, I am not sure how you make contact with them. Using a hire car isn't possible because hire cars can't cross the border. However if you are wanting to get to KK why don't you just fly from Miri, or are you wanting to look around in BSB?

Conwy, United...
Destination Expert
for Penang Island, Sarawak, George Town
Level Contributor
5,175 posts
65 reviews
97 helpful votes
2. Re: Best way to get to BSB from Miri airport?

Flying is the best option - easier and much less hassle.

London, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
18 reviews
16 helpful votes
3. Re: Best way to get to BSB from Miri airport?

Thanks for your reply. I wanted to spend 2 days in BSB then fly from BSB to KK. Not sure how to do so. I am curious about Brunei and their cultures but if it's too difficult then we might have to skip it.

No direct flight from Miri to BSB only from KK and we will be arriving from Mulu.

Thanks

Conwy, United...
Destination Expert
for Penang Island, Sarawak, George Town
Level Contributor
5,175 posts
65 reviews
97 helpful votes
4. Re: Best way to get to BSB from Miri airport?

To be honest, BSB is not the most exciting place to visit. Very conservative and little in the way of things to see and do.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
740 posts
6 reviews
34 helpful votes
5. Re: Best way to get to BSB from Miri airport?

If you are wanting to spend a couple of days in BSB, then your best option is to take the bus. The trip takes only a couple of hours and the road is good.

If you do go to BSB then it might be worth considering taking the ferry to KK, rather than flying. Actually, you take two ferries: one from BSB to the islands of Labuan and a second from Labuan to KK. It is an all-day trip and you spend a few hours in Labuan in the middle of the day. There is sufficient time to visit the Labuan Museum which is really worth doing. The museum is within walking distance of the ferry terminal.

Reply to: Best way to get to BSB from Miri airport?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Miri