We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel for mobility issues

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
215 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel for mobility issues

Planning a visit to Chefchaouen in early December, and want to chose the hotel carefully, as I do not do stairs very well.

I have seen the photographs of the city and some of the hotels, and am still willing to walk carefully in order to make the trip.

Which hotels or riads would be a good choice. Although the Casa Hassan is pricey, it might work if I could get a room on a lower floor.

Thanks for your advice.

NZ
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel for mobility issues

The main building of the CasaHasan would be fine, and actually the stairs may even be okay as they are not steep and uneven. Check though that that building will be open. I booked and turned up and was sent to the restaurant premises over the road which was unsuitable for me (similar problem obviously) as the stairs are steep and narrow. Fortunately more clients turned up unexpectedly and they opened up and lit the fires as it was so cold. If its close to the Christmas break they should have both open.

It is a reasonable walk on uneven cobbles from the parking lot to the hotel though and some is uphill (pm me if you want to see some photos of the area) and you may find that difficult depending on your problem. Mines knees - run out of cartlige!.

I never stay anywhere else there so have no other recommendations.

2. Re: Which hotel for mobility issues

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2011, 00:17