We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iasi Airport to Chisinau

London
Level Contributor
6 posts
158 reviews
Iasi Airport to Chisinau

Hi All,

As i recently did this trip, i thought i will provide my 2 cents on this travel , so that others can use this

there are three ways of reaching from Iasi to Chisinau

1) Train - Take a taxi from Iasi airport to Socola train station (should cost you 25-30 RON) and then there is train on saturdays and sunday evening (5:20 PM) which takes around 3 hours and less hassle as there is no wait on passport control. However there is no facility to provide on arrival visa on this route, so make sure that you have the required visa for Moldova

2) Bus - Take the bus from outside the airport to the Autogara (should be 2 RON) and then you get the Minibus from Autogara having every hour. should cost you 30 RON. However the last bus is at 5:30 PM and generally the last two buses get reserved. so make sure that you arrive atleast an hour before the bus departs to confirm a seat on the minibus.

3) Taxi - When all the mini buses have left, there will be taxis available. Ask for a taxi to Chisinau and some one will guide you to the supermarket (name starts with M, which i forgot) from where you will get a taxi share. They will charge you 50 RON for the 3 hour trip and they generally dont face much traffic at the passport control

As i was quite late at arriving at the autogara i took the 3rd option

15 replies to this topic
Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
176 posts
49 reviews
1. Re: Iasi Airport to Chisinau

Thank you so very much. I am doing this in two days and found no info online.

Ferrara, Italy
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
2. Re: Iasi Airport to Chisinau

Thank you. I need on the way back, from Chisinau to Iasi airport. Do you know where I can check that bus?

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
3. Re: Iasi Airport to Chisinau

I just want to add the forth option: renting a car. This is what we did, and I will add further information after our trip.

1 post
4. Re: Iasi Airport to Chisinau

Hi samjerus,

What company have you used ? Sixt ? Are they any extra-charges for border crossing ? What was the deposit you made for the car ?

Regards,

Franz

Edited: 05 October 2017, 10:21
Level Contributor
27 posts
19 reviews
5. Re: Iasi Airport to Chisinau

Hey!

Thats great, is that still valid?

the minubus at least :)

thank you very much!

Gil

Level Contributor
27 posts
19 reviews
6. Re: Iasi Airport to Chisinau

Hey,

what was the cost?

תודה רבה!

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
7. Re: Iasi Airport to Chisinau

Hi Gil,

Would you like to call me?

It will be eaiser to explain.. :)

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
8. Re: Iasi Airport to Chisinau

Hi franz.

I apologize for the late reply. Haven't seen your post earlier.

We rented a car from Travis, a company located in Iasi. You can google it. They were great. It was the only car rent company I found, that gave insurance for Moldova, which was relatively cheap (a few dollars per day). They prepare you the documents you need to pass the border. You only need to pay for using the roads in Moldova, when you pass the border.

If you have more questions, please ask.

Level Contributor
27 posts
19 reviews
9. Re: Iasi Airport to Chisinau

Sorry for writing again, which autogara is it? I heard that there are few

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
601 posts
460 reviews
10. Re: Iasi Airport to Chisinau

Autogara Transbus Codreanu: https://www.google.ro/maps/place/Transbus+Codreanu./@47.166828,27.5684175,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x40cafb6515c991e9:0x46c6ab943ce5f45b!8m2!3d47.166828!4d27.5706062

Reply to: Iasi Airport to Chisinau
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Iasi