We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Stay in Bocas Del Toro

Hoboken, New Jersey
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Where to Stay in Bocas Del Toro

We will be at Bluff Beach Resort for a Yoga Retreat that starts Sunday Feb 22, 2015. We plan on arriving in Panama City on Friday to check out the canal. Then Saturday will arrive in Bocas to get settled in and check out the surroundings. We can't stay at Bluff Beach as they are booked Saturday night and our retreat doesn't start til Sunday. Seeking suggestions to stay for one night (Saturday) in Bluff Beach. We won't have a car. Would like to be walking distance to restaurants and night life since it may be our only night out. Reasonable price. Good Location, Neat, clean and safe are our only requirements. Thank you,

Mentioned in this post
Panama City
Panama City
Panama Province, Panama
Bocas Town
Bocas Town
Isla Colon, Panama
Tropical Suites Hotel
Tropical Suites Hotel
#1 of 13 hotels in Bocas Town
Hotel Bocas del Toro
Hotel Bocas del Toro
#2 of 13 hotels in Bocas Town
Hotel Palma Royale
Hotel Palma Royale
#3 of 13 hotels in Bocas Town
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,183 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to Stay in Bocas Del Toro

If you want to stay at Buff I would highly suggest Tesero Escondido. They serve food but there are only a couple, if that much, places to eat around Buff. In town where all the action is have a ton of hotels, I think the best is Royal Palm. A nice place over the water is Cocomo By The Sea. Slighty out of town but still within walking or cheap taxi is Villa Parisio (sp?) and their casitas. They are actually on a beach and are very nice people. If you want to stay in an authentic Caribbean neighborhood check out Bahia Del Sol or Koko Resort, both run by the same people.

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Koko Resort
Koko Resort
325 Reviews
Isla Colon, Panama
Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,975 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to Stay in Bocas Del Toro

I second Cocomo By the Sea. They only have 4 rooms though so book early. Easy to walk to everything and right on the water. Also well priced

Hoboken, New Jersey
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to Stay in Bocas Del Toro

perfect! thank you! Will check it out. Also, would love restaurant recommendations for the one night.

Halifax, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to Stay in Bocas Del Toro

This is a helpful post, I was just wondering if anyone has used and/or consider using AirBnb while staying in Bocas Del Toro.... any issues with safety concerns. I would prefer to use this instead of hotels for a more personalized experience. Any thoughts?

Mentioned in this post
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
715 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to Stay in Bocas Del Toro

Haven't heard of airbnb but if you check out vrbo or bocasvacations.com. It will give you the same experience as airbnb....assuming you want to rent a unit to your self. Also tons of hostels here, many with private rooms.

Lexington...
Level Contributor
176 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to Stay in Bocas Del Toro

We are using Air Band B and are staying at Nomad Living Villa. They have been extremely helpful. Let me know if you need any more info. You should be able to find them.

7. Re: Where to Stay in Bocas Del Toro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2016, 01:17
Get answers to your questions about Bocas Town