We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Panama, carry-on, and LowePro Flipside Sport AW 20l pack

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Air Panama, carry-on, and LowePro Flipside Sport AW 20l pack

Hi all,

Heading to Bocas in late Februrary and intended on bringing my camera backpack. I'm worried about space to bring it onboard the plane from/to Panama City -- I don't care about paying for the added weight but the dimensions are more a concern. I called and emailed but nobody I could talk/write to would tell me whether it would fit! :| It should not be this difficult...

Can anyone with experience tell me if a bag that's approximately 9"x11"x17" will fit overhead or underseat? Here's a link to the bag for scale -- that's not me but a random sample. :)

popphoto.com/files/…tout_main.jpg

Regards,

-Doug

Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
Level Contributor
5,901 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Air Panama, carry-on, and LowePro Flipside Sport AW 20l pack

I seriously doubt it will fit in the overhead. You may be able to tuck it under the seat in front of you. Keep in mind that they are also really strict about carry-on weight. We had to pull our scuba regulators and repack them in our checked baggage.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Air Panama, carry-on, and LowePro Flipside Sport AW 20l pack

Thanks for the quick response. It occurs to me that this backpack has a removable interior. So I pulled it out and it's only 13x11x6.5 and 11lbs! I'll pack the backpack into my checked bag. This may work...?

(I highly recommend this bag for travel.)

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=4306ABBC04792710!62933&authkey=!AOFvzZcZlYLGrCk&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpg

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=4306ABBC04792710!62934&authkey=!AIVEIU7iEsqhuC4&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpg

Atlanta
Level Contributor
3,977 posts
135 reviews
3. Re: Air Panama, carry-on, and LowePro Flipside Sport AW 20l pack

No one is going to respond to you from air panama, and yes it is that hard:).

Try to get there early. My friend always has to travel with. Ton of computer equipment for work. He never is given a problem, some times they charge him extra, but they always find away. Be nice, really really nice. It goes a long way.

4. Re: Air Panama, carry-on, and LowePro Flipside Sport AW 20l pack

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2016, 01:16
Get answers to your questions about Bocas Town