We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation Rental: Location OK?

Which Mumbai (Bombay) hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
30 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Vacation Rental: Location OK?

Hi, all,

My friend and I found a listing for a vacation rental that says it is located in Lokhandwala. Is that a safe area? We decided we would want to try to stay in a rental as opposed to a hotel this trip. Safety and location is one of our concerns but if staying in a hotel is really that much better, we might have to find a hotel instead. How far is Lokhandwala from the airport and downtown Mumbai? From Juhu?

Your advice is appreciated so thank you in advance.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation Rental: Location OK?

Lokhandwala is safe as area. but the taffic is bit too much. It is also not closer sight seeting places. Do a search on serviced apartments in mumbai and you would get better options. They give personalized service with a cook in each apt. Vacation rental is not a popular term in india

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,158 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation Rental: Location OK?

Too far away from just about everything.

California
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation Rental: Location OK?

Hi Irieisle,

Lokhandwala, is a really weird area, allot of traffic & it's locality.... I will not recommend it to a tourist.

Instead find some fully-serviced apartments in Bandra/Juhu... they can be expensive but keeping in mind that you want quality & safety then this is it for you.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,509 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vacation Rental: Location OK?

Agree with the above replies but have to say that Lokhandwala is almost like a self-contained township! You have a whole lot of shopping there and so many restaurants that you are spoilt for choice! Yes, it's far from all sight-seeing and yes, there's a whole lot of traffic to get in & out of the area but once you are there, you don't really need to get out!

Juhu would be a 15 minutes drive away on most days but could even take 30-45 minutes on a particularly nasty traffic day!

Not recommended for a tourist.............

Mumbai
Level Contributor
55 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vacation Rental: Location OK?

In Mumbai, distance is not measured in miles or Kms. Its measured in Hours.

Lokhandwala to Downtown (Colaba/Nariman point) would be at least 2-3 Hrs by car during peak time.

Though, the area is pretty safe and nice.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
30 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vacation Rental: Location OK?

All,

Wow, thank you so much...humbled by the valuable feedback you have all given me! AND, now I have made an executive decision: I am not going to move forward with renting there. Off to do better searching!!!

Best,

Irene

Mumbai
Level Contributor
55 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vacation Rental: Location OK?

For how long you are planning to stay? and what areas you would be frequenting?

Mumbai
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Vacation Rental: Location OK?

Hi ,

Lokhandwala is not only far from town area (south mumbai) but also theres problem of heavy trafiic. So if you are looking for some place in south mumbai and not too far from airport then try seven serviced apartment in worli.

Worli is one of the finest area in south mumbai and due to bandra worli sea link road it is well connected to business areas of suburbs and town.

9. Re: Vacation Rental: Location OK?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2010, 00:21