We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gandhi Market-Matunga

Charlotte, North...
2 posts
Save Topic
Gandhi Market-Matunga

Hi all,

I am going to be in Mumbai for my wedding shopping. I really love Mughal inspired clothing, and am guessing that I should probably purchase fine fabrics and have my dresses tailored to my taste. So, which fabric stores at Gandhi Market are the best to take a look into? I don't really have a fixed budget and willing to spend since these are fabrics for my own wedding.

Can you also tell me where else I can get Mughal style fabrics or Pakistani style lehengas in Mumbai? Thanks. :)

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,527 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gandhi Market-Matunga

Gandhi Market has many shops for fabrics. Can't recommend any particular shop, I'd suggest that you move around a bit in the market, look around, and then buy what you like best.

Yesterday I'd been to Elco market in Bandra (W), and I saw some nice lehengas and sarees there, so possibly you could make a visit there too.

Have fun shopping!

- Sandy

Charlotte, North...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gandhi Market-Matunga

Thanks! I'll check it out.

3. Re: Gandhi Market-Matunga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2011, 00:54