We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bhradapur airport to Darjeeling

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
149 posts
203 reviews
Bhradapur airport to Darjeeling

My husband and I will be flying into Bhradapur airport from Kathmandu. We would like to travel to Darjeeling after our arrival and spend two nights there. Can anyone advise me if there are shared cars, private cars, busses or taxis available to do this? Is the Indian border at Siliguri? We will have an indian visas as we will hve entered Nepal from a tour in India before we entered Nepal.

thank you !

Newcastle-under-Lyme...
Level Contributor
246 posts
72 reviews
1. Re: Bhradapur airport to Darjeeling

The international airport in North Bengal is called Bagdogra. Private cars/taxis/buses(few) are available from there to Darjeeling.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,810 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: Bhradapur airport to Darjeeling

There is a two month restriction in place for people re-entering India after leaving once. To get around that, you need a stamp in your passport which you can get at your local Indian Embassy/Consulate. I would talk with them first. You will be allowed, but after you show confirmed air tickets and printed itinerary. Do this first before you plan on re-entry.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
149 posts
203 reviews
3. Re: Bhradapur airport to Darjeeling

Thank you for your reply. We will be traveling in Nepal, however and flying from Kathmandu which does not offer international flights. So, we must fly from there to a Napali airport in the area, which is Bhadrapur on the Nepali/Bengal area. Then , we have to make our way from there to India.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
149 posts
203 reviews
4. Re: Bhradapur airport to Darjeeling

Thank you. When we enter Delhi, I will show my itinerary at the border. Hopefully, I will not have to go to the Embassy to get a special stamp.

5. Re: Bhradapur airport to Darjeeling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2012, 05:17