We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question on Darjeeling travel

Chennai
Level Contributor
10 posts
32 reviews
Question on Darjeeling travel

I am planning to travel to Darjeeling during the month of first week of March with my family. I have already visited Pelling and Gangtok last year. Is there any other good worthwhile hill station that I can cover along with Darjeeling which are nearby apart from Pelling and Gangtok.Alternatively is visiting Bhutan Worthwhile.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,810 posts
23 reviews
1. Re: Question on Darjeeling travel

Hi,

You can do Darjeeling, Kalimpong, Lava-Lolegaon-Rishayp circuit if you have about a week or more.

Bhutan is lovely, but you need to get a permit at Phuntshilling border for every member of your family, and this needs to be done by a local agent or tour operator. In Bhutan the usual circuit is Thimpu-Paro-Punakha and nearby sightseeing. You need to talk to an agent to finalise a plan for Bhutan. Look in the Bhutan forum for TA.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
286 posts
41 reviews
2. Re: Question on Darjeeling travel

Hi,

You can visit bara mangwa, tinchuley, ramdhura, lamahatta. These places are off beat tourist destinations near darjeeling, though very beautiful and out of the hustle bustle of darjeeling/Kalimpong/Gangtok.

Another option is to visit East sikkim and/or Lava-Lolegaon-Rishayp.

Thanks,

Dhruba

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
336 posts
57 reviews
3. Re: Question on Darjeeling travel

personally I would suggest If you have time you can go for Bhutan as stated by brave1 the Paro Thimphu Punakha sightseeing. You will get a different flavour of the mountain , roads, people and culture and food. Its beautiful. It is completely worth visiting Bhutan.

4. Re: Question on Darjeeling travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2017, 00:17