We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must do's in Guntersville

Alabama
Level Contributor
386 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Must do's in Guntersville

It has been years since we have been to Guntersville and we will be driving up for the weekend in less than two weeks. Can anyone tell me some fun things to do for a family of five? This is mainly a get away and relax trip, but I would like to have a little fun while we are there. Any ideas?

Also, are there any good places to eat?

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Birmingham, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Must do's in Guntersville

Only thing I ever do in Guntersville is fish, so can't help with other stuff to do. Should be good hiking at the parks - Guntersville State Park or Buck's Pocket. Popular restaurants are Top of the River and then Catfish Cabin in Albertville a few miles away.

Mentioned in this post
Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
54 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Must do's in Guntersville

There is the unclaimed baggage store in Scottsboro that is not too far of a drive - if you've ever lost luggage you might find it again at that store. LOL

As for other things to do... there's fishing, hiking, possibly some bald eagle watching, boating - you might rent a pontoon somewhere and take a three hour cruise around the lake.

Have fun!

3. Re: Must do's in Guntersville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2009, 00:35
Get answers to your questions about Guntersville