We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation to Grecia

1 post
Transportation to Grecia

What do you suggest travel from airport to Grecia that won't cost $$$?

1 reply
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
13,317 posts
8 reviews
24 helpful votes
1. Re: Transportation to Grecia

Hi Diana,

Welcome to the Forums !

Where in Grecia are you headed?

What I have done is to take a taxi from the airport to downtown Alajuela. You can then take a bus from there to downtown Grecia. The bus departs from a stop on the street - not inside of a bus terminal. This past November it cost me about 3500 colones ($6.50) by taxi into Alajuela, then a bit less than 1000 colones ($1.80) for the bus. Official taxis should run the meter, so no haggling over the price. There may also be a bus from the airport into Alajuela, but I've not taken or researched it. Hopefully others can comment.

If Google maps is correct (& I think it is), then the Grecia bus stop in downtown Alajuela is near the intersection of Calle 10 and Avenida 1 (10th Street & 1st Avenue). https://goo.gl/hOjfGn The Grecia bus terminal is 2 blocks North of central park. Google maps: https://goo.gl/qfb3KS

I would only recommend doing this if you have very small bags or carry-ons with you as there is not much room on the bus for luggage (other than at your feet or on your lap. The bus is slow & will take almost an hour from Alajuela to Grecia on a twisty road with lots of ups & downs.

sodomojo

Reply to: Transportation to Grecia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Grecia
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.