We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any gringo experience in grecia, food coffee etc..

grecia
4 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
Any gringo experience in grecia, food coffee etc..

looking for a quality cup of joe served with pastries and also a food stop that becons gringos to hang out and enjoy good peoples;gracias, en advances

Arlington VA USA
Level Contributor
66 posts
1. Re: Any gringo experience in grecia, food coffee etc..

I will be staying in Grecia on Jan. 6th and Jan. 12th. I would be interested in any recommendations that you or anyone else may have for restaurants or whatever.

Grecia
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Any gringo experience in grecia, food coffee etc..

Hi,

I recommend La Terraza B and B for a lovely stay and good coffee at breakfast!

Gringos meet in the central park every morning around 10:00 a.m. to go for coffee, usually in the central market.

The closest thing to a gringo hangout is Delicias on the main drag about 1/2 block before the park coming in to town. Coffee is o.k. Some good baked goods.

La Galeria is a really good Argentinian style steakhouse, and gringos are often there.

Hope this helps some,

Janet, in Grecia

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
13,317 posts
8 reviews
24 helpful votes
3. Re: Any gringo experience in grecia, food coffee etc..

Ticos love their pastries/breads, so you're best bet is to try several bakeries in town. I can't recommend a specific coffee shop, as they seem to come and go fairly often. I believe that many expats meet in a restaurant south of central park. Can't remember the name, but it is completely open to the street with a wrought iron fence separating indoors from outdoors. Be sure to pick up a copy of the Tico times - english language newspaper - for news & tips during your visit.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
78,947 posts
143 reviews
46 helpful votes
4. Re: Any gringo experience in grecia, food coffee etc..

Just wlak around Central Park...and you will see some Americans around...and a lot of nice costaricans!

roadadvisor

grecia
4 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
5. Re: Any gringo experience in grecia, food coffee etc..

Yes thanks that is deliciados, and a nearby panderia, Romanos is best, also cause the real cute chica there! . The charm here now that its been a while, is not perpetuating my habits but becoming enamored by local ones.

That is an ez gallo pinto in the morning and a sit in the parc around dusk. plenty of cool places and things to do locally as well. A new restaurant on top of san luis run by a mex married to a cr man, is fantastico! 3 days, fri sat an suns for now. great coffee an poste as well as fine burrito real mex. The pistera pool 1,400 clns north side, a cool waterfall in tacares for $5 easily worth it, I love this piece of the planet. I just came from a fiesta I got caught up in the parade which swept me there, went with the flow.. pura vida

6. Re: Any gringo experience in grecia, food coffee etc..

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Grecia
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.