We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review on Chiriquita Del Rio Restaurant

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
5 posts
24 reviews
17 helpful votes
Review on Chiriquita Del Rio Restaurant

We have heard this is a nice place to dine. It is on the "back road" to Alajuela. We would love to hear about your experience there.

5 replies to this topic
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
13,235 posts
8 reviews
24 helpful votes
1. Re: Review on Chiriquita Del Rio Restaurant

Is this the restaurant with the trees full of crickets/cicadas which sing very loudly just before sunset?

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
5 posts
24 reviews
17 helpful votes
2. Re: Review on Chiriquita Del Rio Restaurant

Yes, I believe it is. Have you eaten there?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
13,235 posts
8 reviews
24 helpful votes
3. Re: Review on Chiriquita Del Rio Restaurant

If it's the restaurant I'm thinking of then yes, we had a small gathering of people there this past March - students, staff & family from the Spanish school in Grecia. It's an open air restaurant & bar overlooking a ravine/small stream (it was dry season, so not much water). There's a swing set & play area for kids. Arrive before dusk to experience the deafening sound of the cicadas in the trees below the kitchen/restroom area.

One of the students arranged the evening (food & transportation), so I'm not sure of the prices. Each person bought their own drinks (soda, beer, etc.). We ate shared plates of patacones & salsa, nachos, ceviche (?) and a few other things I can't remember. The staff was attentive and the food was delicious. I think we were almost the only people there. A nice evening & nice way say goodbye & thank you to the teaching staff.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
5 posts
24 reviews
17 helpful votes
4. Re: Review on Chiriquita Del Rio Restaurant

Thank you for that information. From your description it is the same restaurant. We will venture out and try their cuisine! Muchos grassias!

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
41 reviews
10 helpful votes
5. Re: Review on Chiriquita Del Rio Restaurant

It was wonderful! Typico restaurant but the food was really good. The atmosphere is lovely... like sitting in a jungle. I had a casado with fish and it was all fresh and good. A friend had the ceviche and declared it great and freshly made.

Reply to: Review on Chiriquita Del Rio Restaurant
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Grecia
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.