We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay for a month

GA
Level Contributor
165 posts
6 reviews
where to stay for a month

We have been coming to Costa Rica for 8 years now. Our goal is to start staying there part of the year. In January we plan to try out our first month to see how it will work. Two of our favorite beach areas are Tamarindo and Samara. We can work remotely so we need good internet access so we are leaning towards Tamarindo since it seems more reliable. We want to rent a home/cottage with a small kitchen and I would prefer laundry on site and a short walk to a great beach area.

We are trying to stay around $1500-2000 for a month. Have seen some really cute rentals near Langosta. We have never ventured to that area while in Tamarindo. They look walkable to the beach. We want to surf and from pics it looks like Langosta is very rocky so we are concerned we need to stay closer into Tamarindo.

We also want to spend about 2 weeks in a language school. Just briefly checking them out, it looks like we can stay off site and go in for classes for half of the day.

Any advice on locations and the possibility of schools would be great! Thanks.

2 replies to this topic
Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
401 posts
1. Re: where to stay for a month

January is an expensive time of the year. I believe you can find something in your price range in Balcones del Pacifico, Pueblo del Mar, Los Suenos, Estrellas del Pacifico or Villa Verde II.

Hope this helps

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
51,615 posts
108 reviews
2. Re: where to stay for a month

I ike Tamarindo...but also Samara and Nosara...maybe look first at Nosara and Samara then Tamarindo and compare prices.

roadadvisor

Reply to: where to stay for a month
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Province of Guanacaste