We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A month's stay

Level Contributor
101 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
A month's stay

Is this a good place to visit for a month?

14 replies to this topic
Grand Bend, Canada
Level Contributor
132 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A month's stay

Yes there is abundant things to do for a month we have stayed three times in Playas Del Coco from two weeks to a month. We loved just walking the beach, you can take the odd tour we enjoyed the Nicaragua tour.

Pura vida

Mentioned in this post
Playas del coco
Playas del coco
258 Reviews
Playas del Coco, Costa Rica
Nicaragua
Nicaragua
Central America
Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
10,731 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A month's stay

The question is good for what? This is a very developed beach town with lots of shops, restaurants and condos to rent. It is not a quiet sleepy town but a haven for ex-pats and snowbirds. The beach is not one of my favorites. Check out photos of town at https:/… to see if it's what you're looking for. I agree the location is very convenient to the airport as well as excursions to Rincon de la Vieja volcano, Llanos de Cortez waterfall and Palo Verde boat rides to spot wildlife. Also a good center for getting out on the ocean whether scuba diving, deep sea fishing or sunset sails.

Mentioned in this post
Rincon de La Vieja
Rincon de La Vieja
Province of Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Llanos de Cortez Waterfall
Llanos de Cortez...
499 Reviews
Area de Conservacion Guanacaste, Costa Rica
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,817 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A month's stay

Really depends what you are looking for...it a lot of partyty at night...the beach is not that nice...but offer a lot of places to stay...easy to find a small condo for a one month stay...just shop around

roadadvisor

Nowhere
Destination Expert
for Playa Samara
Level Contributor
4,521 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A month's stay

For what it's worth: I would NOT be happy staying in Coco for a month. I find it seedy and dirty with an ugly beach. Sure, there's a lot around it - but that includes beaches/towns that are more appealing.

It all depends on what you want out of your vacation. I am not a big fan of Tamarindo, but I'd much rather spend a month there than in Coco...

Edited: 19 April 2018, 03:21
Mentioned in this post
Tamarindo
Tamarindo
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A month's stay

It depends on what you like.

I found the beach nice. It's just because it's dark volcanic sand. Makes the water look murky. ..The far right of the beach was lovely for hanging out and many folks were playing in the water.

There are lots of restaurants ranging in price, grocery stores etc.....Always music somewhere at night.

Also, it's a good spot to book tours and excursions to surrounding areas and attractions.

My husband and I plan on returning and hope to be "snowbirds" there one day!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
2,995 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A month's stay

Wow, this is such a personal decision and should be based on your planned daily activities and what you are comparing to. I would choose it over Coney Island in NYC but would much sooner spend the time elsewhere in Costa Rica.

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
6,830 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A month's stay

There are a bunch of other places that would be better ...

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: A month's stay

It all depends on what month you are visiting as Easter and Christmas have the beaches crowded with lots of people on holidays. My few minutes in Playa Del Coco echos the feeling of the majority of posters. My month of stay is in Uvita area which is quieter and less crowded. If you want something with much more to do I like Flamingo. It is close to Liberia and excursions to the cloud forest etc.

Mentioned in this post
Playa Manuel Antonio
Playa Manuel Antonio
10,796 Reviews
Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
Uvita
Uvita
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Flamingo Beach Resort And Spa
Flamingo Beach Resort...
2,301 Reviews
Playa Flamingo, Costa Rica
Liberia
Liberia
Level Contributor
329 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A month's stay

What "good" means for you and also for us to give you the advises.

RideOnTrailsCr

Level Contributor
101 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A month's stay

Thanks everyone I love all the feedback. Good and bad . We are not hard to please people and we like low key places. It sounds like we are making a wise choice.

Reply to: A month's stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Playas del Coco