We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Palmeras Condos

Iroquois, Canada
Level Contributor
2,970 posts
149 reviews
Las Palmeras Condos

Has anybody stayed here and what is the area like,how close to the beach and town, there are only 16 units with a pool to help if I didn't identify it properly

Pleasanton...
Level Contributor
409 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Las Palmeras Condos

I did not stay here, but know exactly where they are at. I looked at them as I found a great deal on one of the condos on vrbo.com.

Anyhow, they are a pretty good walk from town. There is a small store and a private preschool near them. It's not too far of a walk to the beach, but the beach on that end isn't that great. And in fact the beach completely goes away in high tide.

In low tide you can walk the beach into town and it's not as far as going on the road.

Some of the listings say it's only a 7 minute walk to town. This might be true if you are power walking (or not walking with kids), and you are only timing until you get to the very edge of town (not the heart of town). The walk includes a long stretch without shade, and can be very hot in the heat of the day.

I don't think it's a bad option if you can get a great deal. Just know that you are not right in town. I had 3 kids with me and felt like I might be a little stranded out there.

I personally liked be right in town, but you do pay for location!

Edited: 19 January 2011, 16:51
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
63 reviews
2. Re: Las Palmeras Condos

Will-Sandy, did you end up staying there? What was your impression?

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
2 posts
41 reviews
3. Re: Las Palmeras Condos

Thanks for your post!

I'm looking at a vacation rental in one of these units and will be on foot ~ I appreciate the 'hedz up'!

Pura Vida!

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Las Palmeras Condos

I was there for 9 nights with my family (14 and 16 year old kids) and car) in appartment 10 and it was great. We where in the first floor (not ground floor) and had sea view, we heard the howling monkeys of the nearby forest and had iguanas in the yard .

washing machine available

nice pool, the kids used it a lot even after a whole day at the beach

the appartment was not in the best shape and needed various interventions by the caretaker during our stay

Silent, except the bypassing busses and trucks.

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Las Palmeras Condos

I am thinking of staying there. According to google earth, it is just under 1 km (940 m if you like precision overkill) to the main drag from Las Palmeras. People will differ on the longness or shortness of that.

David

vancouver island, bc
1 post
6. Re: Las Palmeras Condos

There is a bike rental shop in town that I would recommend!

7. Re: Las Palmeras Condos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2014, 00:16